What's the best place to base whithin a Hamlet World?

JosePapp

here is my list with advantages stated with each island in brackets

1: Your first Island (gives access to all other islands)

2: 5th Island (gives access to Aporkalypse Calendar and End's Well)

3: ROC Island
(Has a chance of having light bulbs inside the caves and ROC can be used as Taxi service to return to ROC island anytime with Birdwhistle)

Royal Palace Island becomes useless after getting Royal Relics and trading them with the queen, The island has no other Advantage for your base.

why not both? If you have to pick one i'd say the 1st

1st - quick and easy to setup base, mants/hippos can farm logs, connected to everything and most likely near Roc Island (AKA. lightbulbs/taxi)

2nd - Royal Palace has easy living logs/mandrakes.....but that's about it after the Royal relics (no lakes from memory)

5th - when you get setup, you can avoid humid/lush/pork season and can farm pig skin? (purple gems doesn't have many uses nor be traded)

I always try to base near a pond near the city. I never like to base directly in the city because the Guards are annoying, and I also hate having to babysit a sprinkler on the other side of the map. Most ideal base location possible for me is farmland biome with pond.

Starting island is the biggest, has a city, access to other islands, all the biomes, mant hills, acess to mushrooms (gas dense rainforest), and all the pieces of iron hulk. 

Pig queen island is kinda small (most likely will consist only of dense rainforest,cultivated biome , a pig city and the grass one) has different kind of stores than the 1st one and grants easy acess to elder mandrakes. Not really worth to base here. 

Pugalisk island grants acess to quite a lot of rocks due to all the things pugalisk will break, magic water and all bone related stuff.  You can also use pugalisk for protection if you wish to do so. Most likely will have all the biomes except for a gas dense rainforest, pig city and cultivated biome. 

Roc island can grant access to light bulbs but doesn't have to. Consists only of one biome. Rarely will spawn with a tallbird setpiece so you might have troubles with building a basen there. You can also fast travel to it everytime Roc appears or by using bird whistles. The insland has a lot of rock turf, so you can craft huge amounts of cobblestone for whatever reason. The island itself is quite empty. Resources there can only be harvested once, so you will have to bring your own with the use of a shovel. You can also build stuff in its cave so it won't get destroyed by lighting strikes, Roc etc. or just as a escape route from bats. 

Herald island's main adventage is its easy access to aporkalypse clock. The island consists of all the biomes except of gas dense rainforest, a pig city and cultivated biome. 

there is one place in hamlet which is always the best. its infront of the first city. not on the green turf. there were the other turfs start. at this border line. cause evry halet world is kinda the same. you have the city on island 1 and on 1 side of the city is this yellow biome which is useless. you need to be near the city and the ruins entrances. and thats exactly the place which i told you. and being near the ruins entrance is much more important then the city cause when you build your own stores you wont go often in the city anymore. fff.thumb.jpg.0bd9ebbb1ce38ceae141721fde11ee4d.jpg

i just googled some hamlet maps. you see this yellow biome on one side of the city. its always there and useless. on this map the best place would be the yellow turf which connects to the 2 ponds. you have ther evrything close. also the mats entrance and hippos and things like that. you can go quick in evry jungle biomes, to the red biome, to the city, evrywhere.

evry other spot you choose would be bad.

ad.jpg.0917dbaee8b27d1072c5b444cd7da34d.jpg

this one is bit more difficult but its again the same place. best place would be where the pond is and the yellow turf and the bright red turf

Archived