[Experimental Update] - 353948

• Developer

Hey Grifters!

Here's today's experimental update:

• New random event : Dangerous Good Seller (with optional part 2).
  • New special cards: Bile Grenade and Serrated Dirk.
  • New special background art for Battle Aftermath event.
  • New battle SFX when getting conditions.
  • New negotiation card quips.
  • New prestige level 2: Arguments have bonus resolve. Old prestige levels 2-6 are now 3-7.
  • You can now negotiate with the assassin before you fight them, and kill bounties to give them stacks of existential crisis (morale damage over time) in the ensuing fight.
  • Flagged the assassin battle as ISOLATED, so that the normal killing penalties don't apply.
  • Rename boulder rush, bouldering charge, so there's only one card with 'boulder': Boulder Stance.
  • Rebound gets 1 more defend
  • Fix: Multi-line character bios don't look like spoken dialogue.
  • Fix: Priest combat condition was crashing.
  • Fix: Stinging Eyes no longer applies to non-attack cards.
  • Fix: Freighter bonus damage

Have a good weekend!

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Flagged the assassin battle as ISOLATED, so that the normal killing penalties don't apply.

Thank you for this. What I'd been doing was letting Fssh kill the assassin so I didn't get penalized by the people the assassin was friends with.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Griver84 said:

Thank you for this. What I'd been doing was letting Fssh kill the assassin so I didn't get penalized by the people the assassin was friends with.

Yer welcome. It was a common complaint in the feedback. We might use it in more situations just to give the fights a different feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of merchant-related random event: Maybe don't spawn the 200-shill merchant as the first or second encounter so you have a chance to actually pay for it? I mean I robbed her every single time but still...