Fixed? Dupes entombing themselves randomly

Fixed? Dupes entombing themselves randomly  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel like the issue of dupes entombing themselves randomly has been completely fixed?

• Yes - I'm completely happy with the change
    • No - I still have dupes getting entombed
    • No - They don't get entombed anymore, but end up in strange places
    • Other - explain below.

The only actual entombing I've seen since the patch note about it being fixed was from someone (Mi-ma?) that literally built themselves into a corner and the only way they could have avoided being entombed would have been to stop building and ignore the build order. This was 2 or 3 days ago. 

Other than this, I have seen some weird teleporting a couple times. Both times involved digging a normal 4 high corridor directly sideways and a Dupe somehow ending up in a sealed room directly above the corridor. Both times was right at the beginning of a colony (probably coincidence) and the corridor was directly off the beginning platform that the printer is on. There was a 1 tile "floor" dividing the corridor from the room above it that they teleported into. 

I just can't remember if there was falling sand involved or not. 

1 minute ago, beowulf2010 said:

I have seen some weird teleporting a couple times. Both times involved digging a normal 4 high corridor directly sideways and a Dupe somehow ending up in a sealed room directly above the corridor.

This is what I see as well.  The dupes now directly teleport ABOVE where they are digging, reaching heights that are impossible to get them down from.  So far I have been able to fix it by digging themselves back down, but that won't work if they end up above obsidian (so I'll have to build ladders to get them back down). 

39 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

This is what I see as well.  The dupes now directly teleport ABOVE where they are digging, reaching heights that are impossible to get them down from. 

This is the only reason I still have debug enabled. To teleport those poor dupes back to where they're supposed to be. 

Well, that and to save myself the dupe time to sweep Pacu eggs into my main water reservoir. :D

Other.

I've had duplicants building tiles in the spaces occupied by their own and others' heads, they always teleport away.

I consider this to be against the spirit of the game and request the self/buddy entombment feature to be added back into the game.

16 hours ago, mathmanican said:

This is what I see as well.  The dupes now directly teleport ABOVE where they are digging, reaching heights that are impossible to get them down from.  So far I have been able to fix it by digging themselves back down, but that won't work if they end up above obsidian (so I'll have to build ladders to get them back down). 

I tried to intentionally entomb a dupe on this new map and I could not make it happen. Win!

Archived