15 minutes ago, Tytan said:

Hello, the oni version for linux in steam?
and if so, would I need to buy the game again?

Works great in Linux (for me on Ubuntu 16.04). Once you buy a game in Steam, you can use it on any platform that allows you to install it. 

4 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Are you saying I should set up dual boot and boot into linux and that will give me more FPS in ONI? :shock:

is what I believe, nothing of certainty, by own experience, I know that windows drains a lot of the process ...
but in general applications act differently in linux due to the lack of all the support that windows has

8 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Just format and install a 100% linux environment.  Why dual boot. ;) 

This. Get an OS that respects your privacy.

That said, installing Linux in a machine that already has Windows is very easy and there are plenty of guides that provide help. For gaming, Ubuntu is the distro that has the most support given by Valve (Steam) and you'll be less likely to encounter lack of support problems. Have fun!

On 6/27/2019 at 6:34 AM, Loscil2 said:

Get an OS that respects your privacy.

But it doesn't have Microsoft's "improved user experience" setting. With a name like that, it must be good to have network communication with their servers all the time, right? :p

Archived