Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Fire: Fire can be used to burn trees in search of charcoal, it will lighten the area in a fire tone, but obviously it will burn all things, creatures will burn until they die, plants will burn, duplicants will get hurt or even burn to death
 
Fire extinguisher: will require advanced research on the fire or gas, they will aim to extinguish the fire if a duplicant uses it, inside the fire extinguisher will have pressurized carbon dioxide, which will be thrown with the hose of the fire extinguisher towards the fire, will need training to use properly (that of strength maybe)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say the fire extinguisher should be a base function of the dupes' multi-tool, but that manual firefighting should come with a significant chance of scalding.  Then through the tech tree would could develop things like fire-resistant suits, sprinklers, fire-retardant foam, fire/smoke detectors, etc that allow us to safely and efficiently fight fires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, firefighter34 said:

where would you find trees? (also i havent play oxygen not included since the end of may)

There are currently no trees in the game, but there is an unused tree in the game's files that could be added at some point in the future.

5b352d88a1ff1_PalmeraTree.png.7bd5e6ce5d

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/06/2019 at 7:00 PM, goboking said:

I would say the fire extinguisher should be a base function of the dupes' multi-tool, but that manual firefighting should come with a significant chance of scalding.  Then through the tech tree would could develop things like fire-resistant suits, sprinklers, fire-retardant foam, fire/smoke detectors, etc that allow us to safely and efficiently fight fires.

I like this idea! fire detectors could activate an alert, warn the duplicants and they would flee, when water would fall from the ceiling to put out the fire, at that time the fire extinguisher would be open, for experienced duplicants to use in areas that have no water, it would be very cool a firefighter-type job, which occurs when you have experience in strength, and athleticism, to put out the fire that occurs when fire creatures catch fire, would not be a firefighter very well, but would work best with skills (i mean willow)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, metallichydra said:

i really like this idea

 

should generators and such then catch fire instead of overheat damage when overheating? (or maybe both?)

depends on whether it has combustion, such as oxygenation.
so the duplicants would go off quickly with fire extinguishers, or the fire will spread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2019 at 5:58 AM, metallichydra said:

should generators and such then catch fire instead of overheat damage when overheating? (or maybe both?)

I would keep generators the way they are.  I think circuit overloads are the better way to go, since we'd have it within our power to avoid them if we're careful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Darpo said:

Yes, fire would be awesome. I suspect it is difficult to simulate, though, and that's why the devs haven't yet worked on it. Maybe it'll come in a DLC.

I have an idea how they could implicate it, it could be when the environment reaches a certain temperature or perhaps a piece of equipment malfunctions and sparks aflame this causes a fire "tile" that can cause scalding or maybe even set dupes on fire if they pass it. This leads to a crazy base temp increase depending if left alone and it can spread if materials or equipment left near it reaches a certain temp and causing a massive base burning. If your not careful it can wreck your base.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LordHalo said:

I have an idea how they could implicate it, it could be when the environment reaches a certain temperature or perhaps a piece of equipment malfunctions and sparks aflame this causes a fire "tile" that can cause scalding or maybe even set dupes on fire if they pass it. This leads to a crazy base temp increase depending if left alone and it can spread if materials or equipment left near it reaches a certain temp and causing a massive base burning. If your not careful it can wreck your base.

Or, only if you have oxygen in the fire, without oxygen it has no combustion (or any Oxidising)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, coheru said:

Or, only if you have oxygen in the fire, without oxygen it has no combustion (or any Oxidising)

yeah, you need oxygen for it to continue burning but i was thinking of a simplified version to make it interesting; i mean theoretically a base on fire could just end up extinguishing itself because of the lack of oxygen. I was just thinking of a way for fires to be dangerous without being its own weapon you know since it would be producing carbon dioxide and if its not displaced it just smothers itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...