Teleportato for Ruins/Caves/Volcano

SpoonyBardIV

Seriously. The Ruins already reset when we use the Teleportato on the surface, so why not make an exclusive Teleportato for the Caves, Ruins, and Volcano so that we don't have to destroy one of our main surface worlds? The end game possibilities with such a feature would be near limitless...

1 hour ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Because they don't want you endlessly looting the caves and ruins. Why is this in the Hamlet section anyway?

And yet Klei has said that they are well aware of the "bug" that makes them reset when a Teleportato is used, and that they don't think it needs to be "fixed".

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

And yet Klei has said that they are well aware of the "bug" that makes them reset when a Teleportato is used, and that they don't think it needs to be "fixed".

First of all, no: you're very much mischaracterizing what happened. One Klei employee acknowledged a bug report by marking it as a known issue; they didn't make some sort of official statement saying they were "well aware" of it. They didn't say they don't think it needs to be fixed (not "fixed", because it's not a "bug"; it's clearly unintended behavior) either. They said, quote, "Yeah, I'm not going to change this at the moment." Just, I'm leaving this alone for now. Possibly pending discussion with the team on whether or not something should be implemented to still make it possible to perform a reset of some kind. It seems more likely to me they think it should be fixed but don't feel like pissing all the people who clearly supported it in that bug report off. Personally I think it sucks, as someone who's lost a fairly significant cave base or two to it before figuring out what was going on and now just can't reset other worlds without doing so again.

In any case, I guess what I should have said was they don't want you endlessly looting the ruins and caves willy-nilly. Not being able to colonize an entire DLC's world in exchange for the ability to reset the caves and ruins isn't a trivial sacrifice to make, but just being able to do the usual scavenger hunt and reset them whenever with no other consequences would be.

17 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

but just being able to do the usual scavenger hunt and reset them whenever with no other consequences would be.

*cough* Fuelweaver *cough*... In all seriousness, though, I do think that we should get a unique way to reset the Ruins. DST players can do it without losing any Surface-World stuff, so why shouldn't we?

35 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

so why shouldn't we?

Cause why would be need it? Seems like a pointless change you get 3 caves per world hop and that gives you plenty of ruins loot, and since ruins loot is the best in the game shouldn't getting more be worth a sacrifice? Before shipwrecked you could only reset your caves with a normal world hop, when shipwrecked was released the caves and ruins reset was a bug as you said, some people use it some don't but it still requires exploring your world for the teleportato parts (which is much harder in shipwrecked), and why would you world hop? Better world gen, more nonrenewable items/hard to obtain and ruins loot what is most of this used for? Megabasing unless your megabasing 3 ruins will last you for a very long time and while your world hopping your also doing ruins raids, So unless you get a really good world first try you have plenty of ruins loot by the time you stop world hopping, making a ruins/caves reset meaningless.

18 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

*cough* Fuelweaver *cough*... In all seriousness, though, I do think that we should get a unique way to reset the Ruins. DST players can do it without losing any Surface-World stuff, so why shouldn't we?

dst has only 1 overworld. that would mean evrytime you reset the caves it would be a whole world reset. it would be impossible to play cause you could never have a base.

ds is a different game then dst. very different. in ds you have 3 worlds and you can make 2 overworld base and only reset the other world and you keep your bases

22 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

DST players can do it without losing any Surface-World stuff, so why shouldn't we?

Because, believe it or not, this isn't DST. The ability to reset the ruins in DS was added with multiplayer in mind, where the ability to sacrifice a world with a teleportato would affect everybody in a server rather than just you. In DS, though, you're the only one who will ever be playing a save file, and so you've just got to plan your world hops and make sure you aren't leaving anything important in the worlds you're destroying.

If anything, I think you should be glad that you're able to store your items in two worlds, and world hop in the remaining one. Before SW, that wasn't even an option, and you'd only be able to keep as many items as you could carry.

Archived