Make DST hard ag...at last

Do you need such changes?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need such changes?

• All these changes are necessary.
    • Most of these changes are necessary.
    • A smaller part of these changes is needed.
    • Such changes are not needed.

1) Food should not jump into your mouth. Turkeys do not begin to ignore the player when they see food on the ground (the character must have at least Bush Hat on his head). Catcoon is not hissing, but immediately attacking the attacking player. In order to get close to No-Eyed Deers, one must creep carefully, stopping when they lift their heads to listen. And so on.
2) When using monster meat, lasagna is always obtained.
3) Animals protect their lives. If the animal has little health, it will try to run away, like the Bunnymans.
4) Mobs must have different attacks and different frequency of attacks. Strong attacks are best avoided, light and weak blocks, and some attacks can hit a fleeing character. This will not allow to win completely without losing health. Fighting must be a dangerous occupation.
5) Food does not heal immediately. The healing effect of food should be stretched in time, as when using Jellybeans (even longer).
6) A character cannot eat more than his stomach can hold.
7) Walking Cane does not add speed, but reduces penalties from difficult terrain, such as Sinkholes (I hope the developers will also add ice, marshlands and quicksand) and just natural cover.
For example, a character moves on the road with 100% speed, in this case Walking Cane will be useless. But according to Grass Turf, the character moves from 80% of the maximum speed (if the Walking Cane lowers the penalty in two), then with it the character will eventually move from 90% of its maximum speed.
8) Bush Hat and Razor should have a limited number of uses. Bush Hat is a great way to get rid of the wave of hounds by hiding near biffalo, bees and other mobs. It is not correct that such a method does not require resources, such as replenishing Tooth Traps in your minefield. Bush Hat after a breakdown can throw off an unrecoverable Berry Bush, but you are wasting your grass for a new hat.
Even Thermal Stone breaks down over time (maybe just for the sake of balance, but nonetheless), and the razor with which the hard bifalo wool (which is a good fuel) is shaved does not even blunt. Also, a stone razor should not replenish the mind when the beard is browned off, but should do damage as when collecting a cactus (whoever tried to shave with a pointed stone?). For a comfortable shave should be high-quality metal razor.
9) Production takes time. Time is the most valuable and universal resource; you shouldn’t remove it from the game. Perhaps the character will be able to produce something on the go so that the game does not lose its dynamics. Also Science Machine and Alchemy Engine produce items like Crock Pot dishes.
10) Meatballs should require 1 unit of meat (now only 0.5).
11) Random encounters. Now the world comes to life only in the presence of a player. It is impossible to meet a dangerous enemy (varg / sheep and so on), if you do not want it. Bosses appear on schedule. Pigmens do not arrange expeditions to the other end of the island. Warrior spiders do not ambush in berry bushes. If a player wants to go from point A to point B, nothing will stop him. This is a game of survival - there should be surprises.
12) Ice should not be a universal filler (or is it some kind of magic ice?).
13) Buildings should occupy space in inventory (like Houndius Shootius), and not be stored in the construction tab.
14) Traps on rabbit holes. If the trap was set on top of the burrow, it may work, but remain empty.
15) Mobs remember their enemies. It should not be enough to bring the furious Tree Guards to a pair of killer bees so that they would be distracted for a second and forget why they got up.

Added:
16)A caged bird must produce a limited number of eggs per day. For eggs to be rare food, it is possible for a bird to give out not only eggs, but also feathers.

17)A character performing heavy work (chopping, mining, digging) must quickly become hungry.

18)Grassy Backpack should have less slots (it is made of grass in the end - let it be better in the game will be more expensive and high-quality backpacks), not to be waterproof. All backpacks must slow down the character.

19)Sculptures should not be used as walls. They should break down when approaching an attacking mob.

8 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

extremely complex suggestions

Are you talking about raising the meat price for meatballs?

11 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

This is a crazy survival game

This is a game about ordinary people like you and me. Just got into a slightly different world. Everything is important here.

40 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

Are you talking about raising the meat price for meatballs?

I'm basically talking about all of your suggestions.

41 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

This is a game about ordinary people like you and me. Just got into a slightly different world. Everything is important her

The game description on Steam says:

"Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land."

17 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

I'm basically talking about all of your suggestions.

Well, that is about meatballs too. Is it so difficult to make a similar amendment in the game code?

17 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

The game description on Steam says:T

"Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land."

How does my wish to make the game harder contradict this?
"Gather resources" means making mental efforts to solve daily tasks - what and when is better to do, what to spend valuable resources, management on. Or "Gather resources" is 40 times to press the left mouse button to collect grass, 40 times to press the left mouse button to collect branches, 40 times to press the left mouse button to collect flint, 40 times ...?

3 hours ago, 0rutyna0 said:

Food should not jump into your mouth. Turkeys do not begin to ignore the player when they see food on the ground (the character must have at least Bush Hat on his head).

I like this idea for sure, Gobblers going braindead when you put some berries on the ground is dumb.

When using monster meat, lasagna is always obtained.

I would prefer more monster dishes are added such as monster meatballs, ect.

Animals protect their lives. If the animal has little health, it will try to run away, like the Bunnymans.

This sounds nice and realistic, especially for smarter creatures like pigmen.

Mobs must have different attacks and different frequency of attacks.

Mobs having more than 1 attack and having a random frequency of attacking slightly faster or slower would be really cool too and maybe make combat a little less boring.

Food does not heal immediately. The healing effect of food should be stretched in time, as when using Jellybeans (even longer).

I think this is important, right now food heals health instantly and stuff like dragonpie are absurd. In my opinion food items should give a little bit of health instantly then the rest is given by regen while healing items like spiderglands and bandages give health instantly.

Random encounters.

I would like random encounters in moderation to spice up the game, things like pigmen exploring the world and setting up a camp or stuff, or a feral hound running amok, stuff like that would be really cool. Kind of like setpieces, but with mobs

Ice should not be a universal filler (or is it some kind of magic ice?).

Ice is stupid right now.

Mobs remember their enemies.

More like boss mobs should focus more on the player or bigger creatures instead of small dumb things like bees or spiders lol.

I mostly like these ideas, some of them I would personally would prefer something different, but yeah I would like DST to be harder than it is now (not artificial difficulty like disease).

11 hours ago, Warbucks said:

I would prefer more monster dishes are added such as monster meatballs, ect.

Yes, this is also an option. Warly can cook one such dish. He knows the secret of how to neutralize harm from such meat? But why is this meat dangerous? Does it contain poison, toxins, or is it cursed by shadow magic? Constants are full of mutated monsters. Until science says the opposite, the probability of becoming an aggressive monster will remain because of the eating of such meat.
And another observation: rabbits and cave monkeys can become monsters - they have experienced the infectious effects of shadow magic, but they have not become forever aggression monsters like spiders and hounds. Can the food they consume (carrots and cave bananas) restrain and / or partially neutralize the effects of shadow magic? Then it would be possible to use carrots and bananas to decontaminate monster meat so that it can be used to prepare good dishes.
Maybe Klei is worth more to talk about the game lore on their streams.

I agree very much with almost everything.

There are some things which are more important like

1. Ice shouldn't be able to be used as filler. That is just silly. Maybe just one single ice cube can be used.

2. Random enemy encounters

On 6/1/2019 at 4:39 PM, Warbucks said:

Mobs having more than 1 attack and having a random frequency of attacking slightly faster or slower would be really cool too and maybe make combat a little less boring.

yeah, But kiting would be impossible.

1. Berries farm is bad, turkey + berries provide very little food, you shouldn't do it. For catcoon, no one is relying on catcoon for that pity one meat, no one. For no eye deer, if you mean the one that give key to unlock klaus sack, well, they only exist to give you the "key" to the boss fight, they don't even drop their antler when killed.

2.That makes monster meat useless.

3.This isn't necessarily a downside and can be use to player's advantages.

4.Monster/Mobs attack is always predictable in most video game, even dark souls. Sorry if i misunderstood your suggestion, but do you mean making kiting harder or make them impossible? If  kitting made impossible,well, tanking is the only solution and it is actually much easier compared to kiting with little bit of armor and heal food. Also tanking is always a much more convenient and less hassle way to kill boss, which is definitely easier than kiting.

5.Hmm, why? That's not really a bad thing, let's say we combine it with your make monster not kite-able suggestion, i just need to eat a pierogi every 10 seconds and stand there holding "f" tanking the boss.

6.So you can't spam heal with food, right? Then healing salve would be much better way to heal, that's already true for warly since he can't really spam heal with food, if making it true for all character, why would someone make heal food instead of salve? Currently food is better because it has a shorter animation, although having a downside which is spoilage (really isn't that much of a downside, just cook when you need).

7.What do you mean by sinkhole? Sinkhole is the entrance to cave according to wiki, if the ground leave by angry ant lion is what you mean, then you should always kill the ant lion when summer start, it's very easy. Your suggestion isn't just about walking cane, but also make character walk slower in general, which means more time will be spent on walking, how is that challenging?

8.Your shouldn't use bush hat, well, maybe you can use it when killing bee queen with tentacles. Razor durability, hmm, why? You shouldn't use them more than once to get some wool for first winter, even if it breaks down, it cost 2 twigs and 2 flint to create a new one? How hard can that be? 

9.This lead to the question again, does it really add any kind of difficulty or player just have to sit there waiting longer? Also, the reason people enjoy video games is because it save time, think about it, you can experience so many things or even an entire life cycle in a simulation game, which you can only do once in real life. This is also true for movies, novel etc, the stories you see in them is probably less than 0.0000001% of the protagonist life time, if it show every single stuff they did and make movies 10 years long instead of just 2 hours, that's not fun.

10.Actually meatball is not optimal.. maybe except for wigfrid.

11.That's somewhat true after you explored the whole map. Spider from berry bush will make people stop picking them, they are already bad, you should just pick carrot from day 1 since they have much shorter pick animation, berry is a waste of time and inventory space, also not good for later food production.

12.You shouldn't need ice for filler, the time you take to mine them should be use to do something else. Just get some to build flingo is enough.

13.So, more back and forth walking because inventory full, that's not really challenging anyway, maybe we have different understanding of challenge.

14. Stop catching rabbits, they are not good, you shouldn't need more than 4 (Prestihatitator).

15. No, the only reason tree guard switch target to killer bees is because killer bees hit it first, you may not noticed but monster not switching target will make the game much easier and very easy to exploit, you just have to lure it and let other stuff kill it (or your friend). Anyway, why are you using tree guard to kill killers bee, if you want to pacify them just plant some pine cone. If wiping the killer bees hive is your intention, doing it with a ham bat is much faster than trying to summon a slow walking tree guard to help you, much, much faster.

16.So, just build more bird cage which take up more space? Or do you mean limit the eggs you can get per day from all bird cage? I suppose you wants this so monster meat become even more useless? Building 5 bird cage in base instead of one is not hard... so no, this suggestion doesn't make sense.

17.Maybe, but normally maxwell is the one that gather rock and logs, normal character cutting trees normally is just too slow and the time should be spent to do other stuff, or get some pigs to help if no maxwell in your team. Another way is to use giant, especially bearger to do the work for you, normal character should never spend time hitting trees and rocks except for a little bit of starting resources.

18.What is grassy backpack? The most basic backpack IS the one that has least inventory space, piggyback give more space but slow you down, krampus sack is best but much harder to get, that make sense for me.

19.Bearger do break it, and i think the use of sculpting as wall is kind of creative, other than that they don't have much usage.

Archived