Just broke into the oil biome expecting to find, you know, oil.....

What it sucks? This happen when is lava in contact whit oil whit a simple liquid lock  you can avoid base contamination until you have time to make an methane condenser. If you have an AETN you can use it for only this purpose...

Sometimes I get so much random gaseous garbage - dupe farts, chlorine spills, escaped sour gas, whatever - piled up just beneath the oxygen layer I end up plopping a gas pump in the middle of it to gather it up for sorting and storage. This invariably turns into a hideously long gas pipe where the pump keeps getting moved around as the jumble shifts around, but it gives the opportunity to actually process things at leisure later. Or not, because there are so many ways to compress gas.

7 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Make a liquid lock out of pet / crude oil, then open the crude sour gas pocket, then the oil pockets, they have overpressure, could fill triple space.

Yeah, I made a liquid lock out of water before I broke it open, but I'm thinking you are right, would want to get some crude in there just in case as it's gonna explode all over.

I like @Neotuck 's storage design, I was using a gas pump over two vents with oil over them but it is so finicky to set up and get the right amount of oil, had much better luck with this one.

20181114181248_1.thumb.jpg.ed6698d8b57618618df67f078f7b058e.jpg

9 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

but it is so finicky to set up and get the right amount

Not really hard to setup, when you remove marked tiles, while filling it up.
What there will be to much, will flow outside.
When you need exact one tile with liquid (left example), you can mop the rest away, before finishing building.
easy.thumb.PNG.2bef1161208227fbaca7e86d5ce38a59.PNG

3 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Not really hard to setup, when you remove marked tiles, while filling it up.

I didn't explain that well, THIS is the one I used that was so finicky, it was tough to get the right amount of oil to cover both while not flooding them. (someone else's photo, I googled images to find the one I used all the time)  inevitably I'd flood them and then delete the tile and hope enough stuck in there to do the job without having to mop and try again.

Image result for klei oxygen not included @Neotuck infinite "gas storage"

6 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

THIS is the one I used that was so finicky,

That are hard conditions for a setup yes :)
CO² will block flow of oil.
Thats the reason i use a mesh tile(below vent), filled up with liquid and when stuff starts to overflow, i build walls.
I used mesh tiles, because without sometimes those systems failed.

mesh.thumb.PNG.fb462a456162058cb46321a7fb42521a.PNG

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Thats the reason i use a mesh tile(below vent), filled up with liquid and when stuff starts to overflow, i build walls.
I used mesh tiles, because without sometimes those systems failed.

Don't need a mesh tile, just a full block of liquid will do.

When I build mine I start with only one block of space and fill it untill it overflows. The over flow on top is small enough not to over pressurize a vent.

Archived