my problems with Wheeler

4 Da LOLs

so my personal statistical annoyances with Wheeler

1 her smaller inventory doesn't change bad habits but only straightens them

most players almost exclusively use backpacks and with a smaller base inventory there's nothing but reinforcement to this habit

she should rather have a smaller base inventory should have a penalty to speed on backpacks (20%-30%)

it would make starting games less of a chore because it only really applies to after you build your science machine

allowing for faster ruins rushing and gives a reason to use armor and shirts rather than just what 80% of players do and staple a backpack for their whole run

2 let her bind her dodge to a keyboard key

I'm tired of having to stop messing with my inventory to do a dodge and also if you try to dodge when your hand is over darkness it will lead to some avoidable hits

11 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

1 her smaller inventory doesn't change bad habits but only straightens them

most players almost exclusively use backpacks and with a smaller base inventory there's nothing but reinforcement to this habit

she should rather have a smaller base inventory should have a penalty to speed on backpacks (20%-30%)

it would make starting games less of a chore because it only really applies to after you build your science machine

allowing for faster ruins rushing and gives a reason to use armor and shirts rather than just what 80% of players do and staple a backpack for their whole run

I guess that is true to some extent but on the other hand it also encourages smarter inventory management. Too many new players just carry a lot of unnecessary stuff that they currently dont need in their inventory. Sesonal clothes do decrease her speed due to more needed base inventory space but I dont think it is that big of an issue since it is only 1% less for each space and even with a full inventory Wheeler is not slower than the default speed. So it really is only missing out on a bit of advantage for some time instead of a big disadvantage though I could see tweeking her backpack interaction a bit.

Inventory management is boring, i like having more inventory,  i hate having to choose between items when my inventory get full.

---------------------

Another problem that it is hard to use dodge when there is many entitles in the screen, sometimes i try to press it but i press some building or mob by mistake /:

25 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

Another problem that it is hard to use dodge when there is many entitles in the screen, sometimes i try to press it but i press some building or mob by mistake /:

exactly!

The standard inventory size is infuriating enough thank you very much. Only 15 slots even though you need like 4 tools everywhere you go and at least 4 basic materials (twigs, logs, grass, flint), plus one or two slots for food and a light source.... With a backpack you have like 10 slots for drops. In an open world survival game where you often have to travel away from the base for several days straight. Plus you can't even have a backpack and an armor at the same time. Ridiculous. Without mods this game would be so much more grindy and annoying to play for me.

Considering all that Wheeler's inventory size plus the incentive to have it as empty as possible is an absolute joke.

3 hours ago, Aalda11 said:

The standard inventory size is infuriating enough thank you very much. Only 15 slots even though you need like 4 tools everywhere you go and at least 4 basic materials (twigs, logs, grass, flint), plus one or two slots for food and a light source.... With a backpack you have like 10 slots for drops. In an open world survival game where you often have to travel away from the base for several days straight. Plus you can't even have a backpack and an armor at the same time. Ridiculous. Without mods this game would be so much more grindy and annoying to play for me.

Considering all that Wheeler's inventory size plus the incentive to have it as empty as possible is an absolute joke.

You can, use a helmet along with it.

it took me way too long to figure out the synergy with this character and I'm ashamed it was this long

since you have to mange your inventory you literally turn this skill to a weapon

(aka just put stuff you don't need into the horn and shoot it)

Archived