random facts that may or may not be useful: (will put more on this list when I find out more about him)

• you can only have 1 BERNIE at any time (without exploits and such)
  • BERNIE cannot be frozen
  • BERNIE will attack any mob that's hostile towards you
  • most mobs will attack BERNIE instead of you when you attack them - including pigs
  • he has the same swinging animation as deerclops
  • 2 Bernies, a sewing kit and an insane willow is enough to kill deerclops
  • BERNIE deals 50 damage
  • You can have more than 1 BERNIE! at any time if a 2nd insane Willow spawns her BERNIE! and brings it to you (viktor234)
  • Using a Fire Dart or Weather Pain on BERNIE! will cause him attacking you (viktor234)
  • BERNIE! will start attacking Pigs, Bunnyman etc. if they spot a Webber or Wortox (viktor234)
  • BERNIE! attacks Shadow Creatures even if you aren't insane (viktor234)
  • Shadow Creatures killed by BERNIE! drop always only 1x Nightmare Fuel and don't restore any sanity at all (Viktor234)
  • Shadow Creatures can't teleport during their attack animation. if it attacks BERNIE, you won't be stunned. that allows you to strike it more than only once and kill it way faster (Viktor234)
  • Bernie has 1000 health, BERNIE! appears to have 2000 health (according to his durability after being attacked) (Viktor234)
  • Bernie can be equipped for 5 days so every second he looses 1/1.2 = 0.833 health while being equipped (Viktor234)
  • you can attack shadow monsters without being attacked yourself, if they is targeting BERNIE
  • BERNIE will begin running after you if you go too far away
  • BERNIE do not trigger tooth traps
  • BERNIE cannot be hit by lightning
  • BERNIE cannot be put to sleep
  • you can heal BERNIE with healing salves
  • telepoofing will cause BERNIE to shrink - even if he's still near you after teleporting
  • BERNIE do not follow you through wormholes (SouthTom)
  • BERNIE do not follow you when entering caves - you have to pick him up before going down into the caves (SouthTom)

• "bIG Bernie" is called BERNIE! (Exclamation mark included)
  • You can have more than 1 BERNIE! at any time if a 2nd insane Willow spawns her BERNIE! and brings it to you
  • Using a Fire Dart or Weather Pain on BERNIE! will cause him attacking you
  • BERNIE! will start attacking Pigs, Bunnyman etc. if they spot a Webber or Wortox
  • BERNIE! attacks Shadow Creatures even if you aren't insane, useful if you have multiple Shadow Creatures behind you and want to kill them all for Nightmare Fuel and Sanity
  • Shadow Creatures killed by BERNIE! drop always only 1x Nightmare Fuel and don't restore any sanity at all
  • Shadow Creatures can't teleport during their attack animation and you won't be stunned for short if they attack BERNIE!, that allows you to strike it more than only once and kill it way faster
  • Bernie has 1000 health, BERNIE! appears to have 2000 health (according to his durability after being attacked)
  • Bernie can be equipped for 5 days so every second he looses 1/1.2 = 0.833 health while being equipped

• Viktor stands not for "victory".
Spoiler

Fixed for you:

4 hours ago, metallichydra said:

random facts that may or may not be useful: (will put more on this list when I find out more about him)

• you can only have 1 BERNIE! at any time (without exploits and such)
  • BERNIE! cannot be frozen
  • BERNIE! will attack any mob that's hostile towards you
  • most mobs will attack BERNIE! instead of you when you attack them - including pigs
  • he has the same swinging animation as deerclops
  • 2 Bernies, a sewing kit and an insane willow is enough to kill deerclops
  • BERNIE! deals 50 damage

@Viktor234:

• You can have more than 1 BERNIE! at any time if a 2nd insane Willow spawns her BERNIE! and brings it to you
  • Using a Fire Dart or Weather Pain on BERNIE! will cause him attacking you
  • BERNIE! will start attacking Pigs, Bunnyman etc. if they spot a Webber or Wortox
  • BERNIE! attacks Shadow Creatures even if you aren't insane
  • Shadow Creatures killed by BERNIE! drop always only 1x Nightmare Fuel and don't restore any sanity at all
  • Shadow Creatures can't teleport during their attack animation and you won't be stunned for short if they attack BERNIE!, that allows you to strike it more than only once and kill it way faster
  • Bernie has 1000 health, BERNIE! appears to have 2000 health (according to his durability after being attacked)
  • Bernie can be equipped for 5 days so every second he looses 1/1.2 = 0.833 health while being equipped (Viktor234)

BERNIE! doesn’t follow you through wormholes and between servers. ( overworld, caves) You have to go back and pick him up before he transform again. We should be able to pick BERNIE! if he doesn’t follow in the stairs. :(

6 hours ago, SouthTom said:

BERNIE! doesn’t follow you through wormholes and between servers. ( overworld, caves) You have to go back and pick him up before he transform again. We should be able to pick BERNIE! if he doesn’t follow in the stairs. :(

you could make a bug report

10 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Ohh I didn’t see this, is there is video for it or something?

i didnt saw it by myself. i just saw a bur report that it got fixed

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

it is intended

but if you cant pick him that means you have to go to caves and then go back and then pick him? that sounds weird

13 hours ago, metallichydra said:

• BERNIE deals 50 damage

just a minor addition... BERNIE deals 50 direct damage (No AoE)

4 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

but if you cant pick him that means you have to go to caves and then go back and then pick him? that sounds weird

it's exactly the same as with chester.. you cannot bring companions to the caves cuz they work in different servers

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

just a minor addition... BERNIE deals 50 direct damage (No AoE)

it's exactly the same as with chester.. you cannot bring companions to the caves cuz they work in different servers

so slurpers arent companions xD

4 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

Some questions

-Does bernie regenerate health?

-does bernie has cooldown after dying like abigail?

1. no

2. Bernie just breaks down.. but if you have another Bernie in your inventory, that one will immediately grow big... It takes a tiny bit time until the "grow" animation is complete.. but no cooldown

edit... you can also repair Bernie with a sewing kit... one use for 100%.. so the best strat is not heal at all and let Bernie go down for repairs

38 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Abigail and Maxwell's puppets do follow you between servers tough so I think Bernie should be able to. I feel he's closer to them than Chester and Hutch as a follower since he's not bound to something unique.

At the very least he should be able to follow through wormholes since even Chester can.

Just now, SouthTom said:

Abigail and Maxwell's puppets do follow you between servers tough so I think Bernie should be able to. I feel he's closer to them than Chester and Hutch as a follower since he's not bound to something unique.

At the very least he should be able to follow through wormholes since even Chester can.

you can rewatch the stream and see for yourself... this is intended... Vito explained this himself when showcasing Bernie

Archived