I love that Wagstaff makes you play differently and above all to explore other body equipment you normally don't use. BUT one of the goggles I don't find so on theme are the Fryfocals...

They have very low durability (10) and they aren't really useful for the cost and you cannot recharge them.. Spectoggles ×1 Red Gem ×1 (Wagstaff Portrait)

This was initially an idea @GLERMZ had on his stream and I think it's pretty cool one. (and you know.. credit when credit it's due)

What if those goggles didn't apply fire dmg, but STUN enemies instead??... I think that would be much more interesting... and this also makes more sense cuz Wagstaff has much more connection with electricity than with fire...

there is a precedent already in the game where RED GEMS are used for ELECTRICITY effects

The End is Nigh! 

• DebugSpawn: "book_brimstone".
Inventory slot backgroundPapyrus Inventory slot backgroundPapyrus Inventory slot backgroundRed Gem Shadow Manipulator Inventory slot backgroundThe End is Nigh

Create 16 lightnings.

also the description of the Fryfocals connect with electricity too: "Static boom focusing apparatus." In fact, when Wagstaff uses the Fryfocals the first part of the animation is an electric shock ... so why not just stay on the ELECTRICITY theme? he is much more into it than fire anyways...

Also it would be cool of you could refuel them .... and increase durability cuz quite honestly 10 uses is a bit meh..

So... what do you think?

STUN vs BURN?

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

snip

I think an paralyzing effect similar to what the Puglisk Staff does should be applyable to Wagstaff's Goggles.

I mean you make the staff with Puglisk's eye so having Goggles with said eyes which give Wagtstaff stunning abilities with some form of recharging will be quite cool.

or combine his Goggles with Deerclop's eye and you get pure LAZOR vision!

fire damage in the game is awful so they would be a lot better if they got a buff perferably a stun like you said or maybe just have the devs remove the fire part and make them do more damage.

Archived