Please klei, don't miss the chance to add this before release!

The whole game can be played without the keyboard, except for rotating stuff. This has troubled me for a very long time. There is a super easy solution though; a clickable rotate button! I made a swell example of this in paint, I hope you all like it. 

image.thumb.png.47ccfa7ad37896bf9543349416b59414.png

rotate.png

The whole game can be played without the mouse, except for clicking stuff. This has troubled me for a very long time. There is a super easy solution though; a click shortcut! I made a swell example of this in paint, I hope you all like it. 

12 minutes ago, flapee said:

I made a swell example of this in paint, I hope you all like it. 

pipo.thumb.PNG.02fe2f55f88c767a5a7e79ca5a2de038.PNG

Sry bruh, but i think, the letter "R" is better for it, then a "P" and the purple color is not really a thing, i would like to have on my hotbar..

While I do not consider using a keyboard to be a major issue, I do agree it would be a nice addon. I generally prefer to have everything in plain view. The main reason is that keyboard only features tend to hide from the GUI and anything not properly in the GUI has a tendency to be overlooked. What happens in some games is that you get a list of say 30 keyboard only features and while playing you are aware of 27 features and you don't have any reminder that you are unaware of the remaining 3.

For this reason all features should be in plain view in the GUI. The rotate feature is mentioned in text, but by principle it should be a clickable button as well, just like all other features should be mouse accessible if possible.

6 hours ago, ArunPrasath said:

yo guys ... just map the rotate key to middle mouse button. Easy peezy

You can do that???

Edit: You can't do that :(

6 hours ago, flapee said:

The whole game can be played without the mouse, except for clicking stuff. This has troubled me for a very long time. There is a super easy solution though; a click shortcut! I made a swell example of this in paint, I hope you all like it. 

If you actually want that, then make a post about it. If not, then don't be a jackass!

This thread got me thinking  - In seriousness, I would love a keyboard hotkey for deliver suit. 
Sure, late game my base works and the enter where they exit. And midgame they are supposed to, but things come up, and sometimes they don't. 
Then I have to go through a whole line of docks where I click the dock, then go to the bottom right of the screen to click deliver suit, then go back to click the next dock. 

A keyboard shortcut would be great. 
A copy settings option so I can do them all at once would be be even better. 

On 2019-04-25 at 4:49 PM, Oozinator said:

I protect you!
bf.jpg.54cbbe1cdfa187a58fb40559cb2e5552.jpg

LOL that tattoo. I've seen some pretty bad tattoo's on the internet, but that might be the worst.

On 2019-04-25 at 10:18 PM, ArunPrasath said:

Hey Dude ... meant as a new feature implementation. Cannot remap keys currently in the game.

You actually can remap keys. I've been doing it for a long time. You sounded like you were serious =/

On 2019-04-25 at 7:10 PM, bmilohill said:

This thread got me thinking  - In seriousness, I would love a keyboard hotkey for deliver suit. 
Sure, late game my base works and the enter where they exit. And midgame they are supposed to, but things come up, and sometimes they don't. 
Then I have to go through a whole line of docks where I click the dock, then go to the bottom right of the screen to click deliver suit, then go back to click the next dock. 

A keyboard shortcut would be great. 
A copy settings option so I can do them all at once would be be even better. 

+1 for copy settings working for exo suits

For the sake of brevity I wanted to split those up into different posts, but Klei just keeps putting my posts together into some fankenstein creation.

Archived