germy dirt is being used to fertilize my plants!

as said in the title , when i turn poluted water in normal dirt , it produces it into germy dirt now i know germs die off quickly but my dupes are using this dirt to fertilize my plants such as meal lice plants which by itself causing food poisoning in my base! any work around this issue?

Erase all those germs before to sieve it... ? There's no way to "filter" materials dups are using. So you'll not be able to chose the temp of the dirt neither, for example. If they are using 200 degree & germy dirt to fertilize your sleet wheats... then good luck with diarrhea & the air conditionning of your farm hehe.

You can eventually set-up a conveyor system to sweep the germy dirt into a locked room, then set-up another conveyor system for you to be able to take it out for other uses if needed. But seems heavy for nothing, since it's far easier to remove germs from pH²O before the cleaning operation.

I put my water sieves in a 2000 g chlorine atmosphere to clean the polluted dirt.  The 2000 g atmosphere stops the polluted dirt from offgassing.  I've always been uncomfortable with using chlorine on liquid reservoir.  If I have a chlorine geyser, I would also add an ore scrubber out just as a safeguard too.

23 hours ago, chemie said:

food poisoning is from handling so wash basins.  your food does not get food poisoning from irrigation or fertilization

But it is very easy for dupes handling germy dirt to bypass wash basins or sinks if there are already dupes using it.  And with the new disease system, this will eventually lead to food poisoning.

That is exactly what the tepidizer is designed to do. Not that I would suggest using it. Better to use waste heat. 

But anyway it is a clue on a way of getting rid of germs.  

If you want to deliver exact things you use automation like being sure regolith is used instead of sand. 

1 hour ago, Zarquan said:

I put my water sieves in a 2000 g chlorine atmosphere to clean the polluted dirt.  The 2000 g atmosphere stops the polluted dirt from offgassing.  I've always been uncomfortable with using chlorine on liquid reservoir.  If I have a chlorine geyser, I would also add an ore scrubber out just as a safeguard too.

But it is very easy for dupes handling germy dirt to bypass wash basins or sinks if there are already dupes using it.  And with the new disease system, this will eventually lead to food poisoning.

my current game I only have sinks at the bathroom and had no issues with handling of polluted dirt or polluted water bottles prior to exosuits.

I did have a brief spell with the espresso machine.  before it was fine to feed diseased water to it (unlike the water cooler) but now the whole "three dupes with any exposure thing" means that does not work.

Archived