MOGOM Mk. V; The Final?!

Special thanks to @kurgut's design, because he wasn't an idiot who kept bottle dropping once it wasn't needed to collect said bottles.

The MOGOM Mk V! The final version that I can see. A 7 high, 10 wide contraption that produces polluted oxygen on demand, just supply polluted water and dupe!

The hydro sensor is set to "above 120", the lower unautomated door is set to only allow exit, and the automation wire in should hook up to whatever you want to control when to produce oxygen.

The clock sensor should be active slightly longer than your dupe, as it clears the pressure plates of any dropped bottles after they finish work.

Bottles appear to off-gas at a rate of 40g/s/t (or 0.004%/s).

image.thumb.png.3ec27ec68c2a21681365d2da29f9974e.png

image.thumb.png.6c051bc8b6d0b854b688677ad1946eae.png

Kurgut's design here: 

A brief history of the models:

Mk. I was a hulking monstrosity, setup up using a bottler and two bottle emptiers. It quickly got refined into the Mk. II, which just reduced it's footprint.

Mk. III heralded the integration of gym-tech, that is to say, endless sweeping, reducing the space needed. The Mk. III was still somewhat bulky though, and could jam up if bottles dropped in the wrong place.

Mk. IV fixed this issue, and was built around the concept that bottle emptiers could be disabled directly with automated doors, rather than having to block pathing. This made everything small enough for a backup emptier to be integrated for idiot-proofing. It still dropped bottles to an external point though, for some reason.

And now we come to the Mk. V, where I went "that's just stupid" and scrapped the external drop-off. I also scrapped the backup emptier in exchange for using doors to clear the pressure plates.

Thus, the journey is complete... until I find some new mechanic to use to make it smaller and more refined again.

I have completed what you started all that time ago @Neotuck :p

17 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

When you say supply polluted water and dupes. Exactly how many dupes are minced by it? And can the printer keep up?

It depends on whether you set up the doors to clear the pressure plates after the dupe's shift finishes, or before :p

14 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I have completed what you started all that time ago @Neotuck :p

(spends an hour putting together the post about my glossy drecko stables)

(gets notification shortly after posting, get's excited to see feedback on my hard work)

(finds the notification is from here)

Image result for excited then sad gif

Just now, Neotuck said:

(spends an hour putting together the post about my glossy drecko stables)

(gets notification shortly after posting, get's excited to see feedback on my hard work)

(finds the notification is from here)

Image result for excited then sad gif

Funny actually, I just came from reading said tutorial and was about to comment (even though I barely ranch hatches, ranching dreckos is always on my todo list).

Just now, Yunru said:

Funny actually, I just came from reading said tutorial and was about to comment (even though I barely ranch hatches, ranching dreckos is always on my todo list).

all good, I always try to rush ranching for coal, refined metals, and plastic

7 hours ago, Yunru said:

The MOGOM Mk V! The final version that I can see.

You can improve the speed of mopping by adding more liquid vents (+10kg/s for each added liquid vent). I see 4 liquid vents you could add, directly above the mopper, without increasing your blueprint. This would increase the mop rate from 10kg/s to 50kg/s, greatly reducing the time spent mopping (letting your dupes do other things, though loosing strength training). 

Of course, each vent you add will require either another liquid storage tank to feed it, or a separate pump.  The same pump can fill 4 more storage tanks (during non mopping times), located where ever you want. With the exact same power input, you can drop the time needed to produce your liquid bottles. 

Pro: 1/5th the time spent mopping. Let your dupes do other things.

Con: 1/5th the time spent strength training, and requires 4 more liquid storage tanks. 

Without increasing the foot print at all, you could use a liquid shutoff and bridge priorities, with a single vent (in 3 of the 4 open tiles) to cause 20kg/s to drop in the mopping area.  Assuming you have a constant liquid supply filling your reservoir, then you could mop up 10t of water before emptying your reservoir and dropping the rate back down to 10kg/s. 

10 hours ago, mathmanican said:

You can improve the speed of mopping by adding more liquid vents (+10kg/s for each added liquid vent). I see 4 liquid vents you could add, directly above the mopper, without increasing your blueprint. This would increase the mop rate from 10kg/s to 50kg/s, greatly reducing the time spent mopping (letting your dupes do other things, though loosing strength training). 

Of course, each vent you add will require either another liquid storage tank to feed it, or a separate pump.  The same pump can fill 4 more storage tanks (during non mopping times), located where ever you want. With the exact same power input, you can drop the time needed to produce your liquid bottles. 

Our counters don't go that low cap'n!

We have to set the hydrosensor to "above 150-(10 per pipe segment)", so we can only have 15 segments of pipe.

4 hours ago, Yunru said:

We have to set the hydrosensor to "above 150-(10 per pipe segment)"

I'm sure we can find a way to rethink the automation and increase mopping speed (it has been done - see spoiler). If it means making the MOGOM 2 tiles wider to fit in one more storage tank and on extra hydrosensor, that could be a fix.  Lots of ways exist. Just wanted to throw in a way to optimize this, if the goal is rapid PO2 bottling, not strength training. 

One reason I love liquid storage tanks is because they allow us to deliver huge bursts of much greater than 10kg/s, all with one single pump. Just fill the backup system equally, and then deliver liquid at whatever rate you want. I haven't yet seen many other posts on the topic. Here's one, directly related to the MOGOM, from February.  

Spoiler

2 hours ago, mathmanican said:

I'm sure we can find a way to rethink the automation and increase mopping speed (it has been done - see spoiler). If it means making the MOGOM 2 tiles wider to fit in one more storage tank and on extra hydrosensor, that could be a fix.  Lots of ways exist. Just wanted to throw in a way to optimize this, if the goal is rapid PO2 bottling, not strength training. 

One reason I love liquid storage tanks is because they allow us to deliver huge bursts of much greater than 10kg/s, all with one single pump. Just fill the backup system equally, and then deliver liquid at whatever rate you want. I haven't yet seen many other posts on the topic. Here's one, directly related to the MOGOM, from February.  

Reveal hidden contents

I hate to say it, but I may have already come up with a Mk. VI design that's fully modular (you just need to add the bottle dropper part).

Archived