With Hamlet's development I can't help but notice some SW disconnect in some aspects on how SW stands as a dlc in single player atm. 

- SW doesn't even have a Suggestions and Feedback section, ergo why I'm posting here... Sorry guys

- Pls add green, yellow, orange gems and Thulecite to the Trawl Net loot in deep waters as you added rare gems and Thulecite in Smashing Pots in Hamlet.

This would make some rare materials renewable in an exclusive way for the single player experience outside of via teleportato or cheese manually deleting the caves. All this considering you cannot reset caves in RoG atm. 

- Slot Machine could also include rare gems and thulecite loot. Again a cool and unique way of renewing rare loot. Specially after the infamous nerf which makes the Slot Machine unfun and kinda useless. 

- There is a disconnection between the SW items you can buy in Hamlet (coconuts, bamboo, etc) vs the non existent exclusive SW items that you can sell in Hamlet. Pls allow us to sell doydoy feathers, shark gills, obsidian and other SW items

- Oddities loot doesn't have a single boss exclusive to SW.. Only RoG bosses... Feelsignoredman T_T

- there aren't any SW exclusive hats sold in the Hat shop. Seeing a pattern here.. 

- There is no monetary conversion in place between Hamlet with oincs and SW with doubloons. All need to translate to gold first which is a huge devalue for both dobloons and oincs in a SW economy. 

- pls add a Naval Store with cannons, boat lamps, and other relevant items. 

I do think that if Hamlet is to be the DLC that sort of ties everything together, it is a bit disconnected from SW content at the moment. You can get Bamboo, Vines, Palm Fronds, and Cloth (I think there might be one SW item I'm forgetting) in Hamlet but can't craft any SW items with them, not even refining Bamboo into Cloth.

Thulecite and ruins gems in the Trawl Net couldn't hurt, so long as the spawn chance is low like Hamlet's (Smashing Pots have a 0.2% and 0.9% chance to spawn Thulecite and ruins gems respectively). I'm a bit hesitant about putting ruins gems in the Slot Machine, as every table within the "rare" pool has an equal chance to be drawn, meaning that if you got a rare draw, you'd have an equal chance at getting Green Gems as you would some Cloth and Top Hats. Also, out of curiosity, what was the Slot Machine nerf you mention?

A naval store would be cool. Also, the hat shop does sell a single SW hat, the Captain Hat, which is admittedly useless in Hamlet given how little time you spend on the water.

I always did feel like SW was kind of mistreated. It released half-baked and didn't get many of the things that it should've released with until a year later. Not only the content, but the characters as well; Klei goes out of their way to make sure the Hamlet characters are fun and interesting not only in Hamlet but outside as well, meanwhile Walani is still useless and Warly is...an entirely different discussion. Don't even get me started on how Coffee Plants and the Volcano are still incredibly buggy. Plants withering after a single harvest, things in the Volcano being in bloom out of season. Oh, also, don't accidentally X out of your game while in the Volcano, because when you come back, you might just end up skipping two entire seasons for some reason.

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I do think that if Hamlet is to be the DLC that sort of ties everything together, it is a bit disconnected from SW content at the moment. You can get Bamboo, Vines, Palm Fronds, and Cloth (I think there might be one SW item I'm forgetting) in Hamlet but can't craft any SW items with them, not even refining Bamboo into Cloth.

Thulecite and ruins gems in the Trawl Net couldn't hurt, so long as the spawn chance is low like Hamlet's (Smashing Pots have a 0.2% and 0.9% chance to spawn Thulecite and ruins gems respectively).

this is the smashing pot drop rates atm

Drop Chance Items
0.9% Nightmare FuelLiving LogHound's ToothRed GemPurple GemBlue GemOrange GemYellow GemGreen Gem
0.2% Thulecite

ofc the suggestion implies Trawl Nets should have low drop chances for rare gems and thulecite otherwise it would be completely OP

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I'm a bit hesitant about putting ruins gems in the Slot Machine, as every table within the "rare" pool has an equal chance to be drawn, meaning that if you got a rare draw, you'd have an equal chance at getting Green Gems as you would some Cloth and Top Hats. Also, out of curiosity, what was the Slot Machine nerf you mention?

Well.. actually most of the time you get monsters... and you are insane all the time 

In the grand scheme of things, you already can get under the rare category,... key word rare, cloth and thulecite items. the chances of getting thulecite items is very rare already due to the 36 loot options under the same category and that would be also the case with rare gems

moreover, adding rare gems would only make the barbaric sanity penalty (this is the nerf I was talking about) worth it again and it would add something unique to renew ruins items only for single player. In real gameplay scenario, you are mostly killing monsters, insane, and sometimes you get an ice cube and parasol and some food items xD 

[CollapseWilton's SkullWilton's SkullWilton's Skull (33.3% chance to roll)

Mobs will be spawned.

Poison Mosquito×5 Spider×3
Snake×3 PrimeApe×2
Poison Snake×2 Hound×2
 [CollapseCarrotCarrotCarrot (50% chance to roll)

A selection of basic items will be thrown out.

Dubloons Log×2, Cut Grass×3
Rocks, Gold Nugget, Obsidian Cut Grass×5
Log×3 Twigs×3
Torch, Charcoal×2, Ashes×2 Dead Jellyfish×3
Axe, Hammer, Shovel Manure×5
Berries×5 Limpets×5
Berries×3, Berry Bush 2 Bamboo×3, Bamboo Patch Dug
Trap, Cut Grass×3, Straw Hat Petals×5, Garland
Evil Flower×5, Red Cap, Green Cap, Blue Cap Bug Net, Fireflies×3, Butterfly×3
Flint×5 Banana, Dragon Fruit, Watermelon
Drumstick×3 Rope×3
Jerky×3 Coconut×5
Hammer, Skeleton×3
 [CollapseGold NuggetGold NuggetGold Nugget (16.6% chance to roll)

A selection of valuable items will be thrown out.

Gold Nugget×5 Dubloons×10
Beekeeper Hat, Honey Poultice, Honey×5 Football Helmet, Log Suit, Spear
Marble Suit, Ham Bat, Blow Dart Tooth Trap, Grass Suit, Boomerang
Spear Gun, Poison Spear, Seashell Suit, Coconade Electrical Doodad×3, Thermal Stone, Gunpowder×3
Walking Cane, Gold Nugget×3 Red Gem×3, Blue Gem×3
Purple Gem×3 Life Giving Amulet, Gold Nugget×3
Chilled Amulet, Gold Nugget×3 Ice Staff, Gold Nugget×3
Fire Staff, Gold Nugget×3 Ice Cube, Tropical Parasol
Gunpowder×5 Fire Dart×3, Gold Nugget×3
Sleep Dart×3, Gold Nugget×3 Blow Dart×3, Gold Nugget×3
Spear Gun, Spear, Gold Nugget×3 Coconade×3, Gold Nugget×3
Obsidian×5 Thulecite Club, Gold Nugget×3
Thulecite Club, Thulecite Suit, Thulecite Crown Luxury Axe, Gold Nugget×3
Tropical Parasol,Snakeskin Hat,Snakeskin Jacket Ice×3, Floral Shirt, Umbrella
Bird Trap, Feather Hat, Seeds×4 Gears×5
Limpets×2, Dead Jellyfish, Tropical Fish×2, Dead Dogfish Fishing Rod, Dead Dogfish×3, Tropical Fish×3
Thermal Stone, Straw Roll, Jerky Spider Gland, Silk×5, Monster Meat×3
Sewing Kit, Cloth×3, Top Hat (5× as likely) Magiluminescence, Nightmare Fuel×3, Gold Nugget×3
27 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I always did feel like SW was kind of mistreated. It released half-baked and didn't get many of the things that it should've released with until a year later. Not only the content, but the characters as well; Klei goes out of their way to make sure the Hamlet characters are fun and interesting not only in Hamlet but outside as well, meanwhile Walani is still useless and Warly is...an entirely different discussion. Don't even get me started on how Coffee Plants and the Volcano are still incredibly buggy. Plants withering after a single harvest, things in the Volcano being in bloom out of season. Oh, also, don't accidentally X out of your game while in the Volcano, because when you come back, you might just end up skipping two entire seasons for some reason.

yeap.. I agree... SW needs some love

and character rework for sure...

Walani is very vanilla, Warly needs to be reverted prenerf tbh, Woodlegs needs to have his hat and boat in a separate tab or integrated in the naval tab available in all dlcs... the only well rounded SW character is Wilbur... he is excelent in hamlet and probs awesome in every dlc in the future

as far as I know many issues with the volcano were resolved with the tar update... at least the appeasement feature is working and tbh with coffee I don't think is that big of an issue cuz coffee OP anyways... maybe that's intended to nerf coffee at least a little bit..

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

In the grand scheme of things, you already can get under the rare category,... key word rare, cloth and thulecite items. the chances of getting thulecite items is very rare already due to the 36 loot options under the same category and that would be also the case with rare gems

It's true that getting Thulecite items from the Slot Machine is rare, but I mean to say that, given how the "rare" draw has a 16% chance of appearing, and each table of loot within the draw has an equal chance of appearing (or at least I'm pretty sure they do, as there's no independent %s listed for individual loot tables in the wiki), getting Green or Orange Gems would be no more rare than getting other objectively less valuable loot tables of the rare draw, like Gold and Sewing Kits and Top Hats.

12 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

It's true that getting Thulecite items from the Slot Machine is rare, but I mean to say that, given how the "rare" draw has a 16% chance of appearing, and each table of loot within the draw has an equal chance of appearing (or at least I'm pretty sure they do, as there's no independent %s listed for individual loot tables in the wiki), getting Green or Orange Gems would be no more rare than getting other objectively less valuable loot tables of the rare draw, like Gold and Sewing Kits and Top Hats.

that's not quite true... or how that table is to be understood... first you get only 16,6% chance of getting something of value... and then you have 0,461 percent of a thulecite drop out of all the 36 options... if the devs add rare gems in one loot option: one green one yellow, one orange together, the chance drops to 0,44%

36 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

that's not quite true... or how that table is to be understood... first you get only 16,6% chance of getting something of value... and then you have 0,461 percent of a thulecite drop out of all the 36 options... if the devs add rare gems in one loot option: one green one yellow, one orange together, the chance drops to 0,44%

I understand, and I'm just saying that, since all loot tables in the "rare" roll have the same chance of being chosen, it's unfair that a player would have the same chance of getting rare Gems as they would a Football Helmet, Log Suit, and Spear. I'm not exaggerating with that by the way; a Football Helmet, Log Suit, and Spear is literally one of the "rare" loot tables, which has just as much chance of being chosen from a rare roll as a Thulecite Crown, Suit, and Club. If rare Gems are to be added to the Slot Machine, I think they should at least be given an independent % chance of appearing within the rare roll, rather than the equal chance that everything else has.

Unless of course I'm misunderstanding and each loot table in the Slot Machine does indeed have its own independent % chance of appearing. If that's the case, it's certainly not on the wiki page.

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I understand, and I'm just saying that, since all loot tables in the "rare" roll have the same chance of being chosen, it's unfair that a player would have the same chance of getting rare Gems as they would a Football Helmet, Log Suit, and Spear. I'm not exaggerating with that by the way; a Football Helmet, Log Suit, and Spear is literally one of the "rare" loot tables, which has just as much chance of being chosen from a rare roll as a Thulecite Crown, Suit, and Club. If rare Gems are to be added to the Slot Machine, I think they should at least be given an independent % chance of appearing within the rare roll, rather than the equal chance that everything else has.

Unless of course I'm misunderstanding and each loot table in the Slot Machine does indeed have its own independent % chance of appearing. If that's the case, it's certainly not on the wiki page.

Each item has an independent chance anyways that's assigned in 3 groups... This was only added for slot machine purposes... Graphically u got skull, gold and carrots... 0,46 is already super low out of that 16,6% for a loot table with 36 item options.

I think that if they were to give a separately percentage that would only boost the gem drops cuz they would be alone in that loot category.. 

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think that if they were to give a separately percentage that would only boost the gem drops cuz they would be alone in that loot category.. 

I don't mean giving the rare Gems their own category (carrot, skull, gold), I mean giving them a % chance within the gold category that wouldn't be the same equal chance as the others in the gold. Honestly I think the Slot Machine as a whole should work like this. Having the same chance to get a Log Suit from a gold roll as you do a Thulecite Suit is silly in both directions.

3 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I don't mean giving the rare Gems their own category (carrot, skull, gold), I mean giving them a % chance within the gold category that wouldn't be the same equal chance as the others in the gold. Honestly I think the Slot Machine as a whole should work like this. Having the same chance to get a Log Suit from a gold roll as you do a Thulecite Suit is silly in both directions.

It's not silly cuz the chances are given by the large amount of options... OK.. I'm not gonna drag the discussion here about the slot machine as a concept.. I think I explained myself enough

What if the slot machine became more risk/reward under the full moon (outside of not needing light, full moon is useless in SW)?

Normal spawns from the enemy pool (skulls) are replaced with stronger enemies (5 batilisks, a tentacle, a depthsworm, 2 werepigs, a ruins terrorbeack and crawling horror etc.), the common roll will draw from the rare loot pool instead, and the rare pool will have an equal chance to give ruins loot (one green/yellow/orange gem, a thulecite club and suit, a thulecite crown and 3 fragments, 3 thulecite,10 nightmare fuel and 10 living logs, 3 random gems of any color, 10 obsidian and 5 dragoon hearts etc.)

During the full moon all insanity penalties from the slot machine are doubled.

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

What if the slot machine became more risk/reward under the full moon (outside of not needing light, full moon is useless in SW)?

Normal spawns from the enemy pool (skulls) are replaced with stronger enemies (5 batilisks, a tentacle, a depthsworm, 2 werepigs, a ruins terrorbeack and crawling horror etc.), the common roll will draw from the rare loot pool instead, and the rare pool will have an equal chance to give ruins loot (one green/yellow/orange gem, a thulecite club and suit, a thulecite crown and 3 fragments, 3 thulecite,10 nightmare fuel and 10 living logs, 3 random gems of any color, 10 obsidian and 5 dragoon hearts etc.)

During the full moon all insanity penalties from the slot machine are doubled.

Rising insanity penalties is pointless... The insanity is super high already..

if you wanna exchange a lot of doubloons you know u are gonna be insane the whole time anyways

As for full moon effects... I think that's OK but I would rather have them as part of the rare pool... To not make it so restrictive to only 2 days every 20 days.. 

BTW the Slot Machine isn't the focus of OP...

Archived