max number of critters per stable for each type of critter

I simply dont know how much critters we can put into a stable i suppose hatchs are 8 but thats it. I think this should appear in the codex inside the game. Later today i will try to make ranchs and spawn critters with sandbox to see when cramped appears and list them here.

Confirmed ammounts

8 hatchs

8 Dreckos

6 Pufts

8 Slicksters

8 Shiny bugs

6 Gassy moos

Infinite shove voles oO " i never knew that one ".

1 Pacu each 8 tiles of water.

A Stable (Max Tile 96) should more or less only accommodate 8 Critters (Eggs also count as "Critters" unless it was changed on the time of this reply) before they get the "Overcrowded" and "Glum" De-buff. If I recall most flying and aquatic Critters will need more room on the Stable so you can only have 4 or 6 in a Stable. 

4 hours ago, Ceerberus said:

A Stable (Max Tile 96) should more or less only accommodate 8 Critters (Eggs also count as "Critters" unless it was changed on the time of this reply) before they get the "Overcrowded" and "Glum" De-buff. If I recall most flying and aquatic Critters will need more room on the Stable so you can only have 4 or 6 in a Stable. 

I already tested the above are the numbers.

I looked up in the source code and the following cell requirements are there for each critter:

• hatch - 12
  • drecko - 12
  • puff - 16
  • slicker - 12
  • shine bug - 12
  • gassy moo - 16
  • shove voles - 8
  • pacu - 8
On 4/14/2019 at 10:58 PM, natanstarke said:

Infinite shove voles oO " i never knew that one ".

It has a limit in the config file. However other people have stated they experienced infinite voles. Clearly something else is going on. Maybe the overcrowding is disabled and the config just has to have a number for some reason.

37 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

I think, Shove Voles just not consider rock as walls and count free space as if stone cells are available space.

Can anybody check it with stable made of bunker tiles? (I'm not near computer now)

Shove voles (wild) are happy in 1x1 confines of metal. They seem to have the space requirement disabled.

Room size matters if you intend to tame animals and use the machines. If you keep wild critters the room can be as big as you want. For example a pit of hatches can connect to the main corridors of your base and they'll count all the open space for crowding purposes.

A wall of open doors can be used to create mini rooms inside a larger room. You'll probably have some difficulty trying to ranch the larger space though.

Archived