One more change to Winona.

So now that the dust has settled on the Winona rework, she does still have one major flaw, that of course being that her downside is barely a downside anymore. However, Hunger-based downsides tend to be on the boring end. So instead of that, I suggest her getting a new, more interesting downside.

I Suggest that Winona shouldn't be affected by Dapperness, that is to say, Won't gain or loose sanity from clothing items. This change fits with her character, as she repeatedly remarks about not being one for fancy things, It's more interesting than purely increased sanity/food drain, as you can't rely on items such as the Tam o' shanter, And it's an actual downside than effects how you play.

8 hours ago, Hell-met said:

how about just increase the hunger to -20 or -25? Since it's now obviously only happening once at a time per crafting spree.

Well that is an option, but as I said, Hunger penelties arn't interesting. The issue with old Winona 2.0 was that all the time you saved with the faster crafting was wasted getting food. It is easy to get the food, she just ate that much.

Making her uneffected by dapperness would be interesting, fit in her character, and be more than just "eat more food".

Just now, Theukon-dos said:

Well that is an option, but as I said, Hunger penelties arn't interesting. The issue with old Winona 2.0 was that all the time you saved with the faster crafting was wasted getting food. It is easy to get the food, she just ate that much.

Making her uneffected by dapperness would be interesting, fit in her character, and be more than just "eat more food".

but how can it be uninteresting or a waste when no other character has direct hunger loss mechanics? Only wolf does but it's just the rate.

It's a pretty "new" downside to deal with.

2 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

but how can it be uninteresting or a waste when no other character has direct hunger loss mechanics? Only wolf does but it's just the rate.

It's a pretty "new" downside to deal with.

because, for all intents and purposes, it is a "eat more" button, You craft, you lose hunger, you eat. It's not very interesting, and doesn't effect her much in the long term. Making her immune to dapperness would make sanity a bit trickier to deal with, as you can't rely on just using a tam to keep the nightmare creatures away

2 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

because, for all intents and purposes, it is a "eat more" button, You craft, you lose hunger, you eat. It's not very interesting, and doesn't effect her much in the long term. Making her immune to dapperness would make sanity a bit trickier to deal with, as you can't rely on just using a tam to keep the nightmare creatures away

And your suggestion is not a "eat more cooked greens or flowers" button? It goes both ways really.

Just now, Hell-met said:

And your suggestion is not a "eat more cooked greens or flowers" button? It goes both ways really.

that's fair, Though I'd argue that not being able to rely on passive sanity restoration is still more interesting than go insane faster or go hungry faster

also, it fits with her character, For being a devote hater of fashion, it's not really reflected in her design.

35 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

that's fair, Though I'd argue that not being able to rely on passive sanity restoration is still more interesting than go insane faster or go hungry faster

also, it fits with her character, For being a devote hater of fashion, it's not really reflected in her design.

the only problem is then you have less reason to play her 24/7

On 4/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, Theukon-dos said:

So now that the dust has settled on the Winona rework, she does still have one major flaw, that of course being that her downside is barely a downside anymore. However, Hunger-based downsides tend to be on the boring end. So instead of that, I suggest her getting a new, more interesting downside.

I Suggest that Winona shouldn't be affected by Dapperness, that is to say, Won't gain or loose sanity from clothing items. This change fits with her character, as she repeatedly remarks about not being one for fancy things, It's more interesting than purely increased sanity/food drain, as you can't rely on items such as the Tam o' shanter, And it's an actual downside than effects how you play.

this might work...kinda... but she already has "fancy" skins (rose, shadow)... so dunno there.. it's a bit of a clash having fancy skins and then deciding I can't use fancy in-game clothing

On 4/12/2019 at 8:29 AM, 4 Da LOLs said:

needs a player based upside

Then remove the hunger penalty to crafting for a permanent lose in sanity regen on clothing items? 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

this might work...kinda... but she already has "fancy" skins (rose, shadow)... so dunno there.. it's a bit of a clash having fancy skins and then deciding I can't use fancy in-game clothing

I sort of agree with you, but I don't think the cosmetics should have an effect on how a character works gameplay-wise.

Archived