Is The Hidden Skill System Gone?

Hi, I haven't played a lot lately. So I have questions. Our old system allows dupes' skills get increased when they perfect relative jobs. Like tidying toilets increase base Strength, running manual generator increase base Tinkering skills (which has nothing to do with new skill system). Now the base skill of my dupes seem to have remained the same which is quite sad. Will they ever increase like the old hidden skill system does?

Another question, I think my dupes' Athletics attribute may have increased, but i'm not sure. Does anyone know how does base Athletics increase? Or does it ever increase?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

It's still there.

does it have "skill increase" notifications or some sort of it every time it happens?

1 hour ago, PhailRaptor said:

Perhaps that also affected stat "leveling"?

I don't think so. If it did affect stats, then we should have had dupes' stats rocketed before this hotfix, which I think did not happen

1 hour ago, goatt said:

does it have "skill increase" notifications or some sort of it every time it happens?

Yes. If you pay attention there's two different skill messages. The old "skill increase" one and a new "skill point achieved". Or something similar to that.

@Saturnus I pay same amount of attention as I always do when I’m playing. But I didn’t see them. So does it increase digging and construction and strength too? After like 70 cycles, these attributes of my dupes seem unchanged. I would expect at least my digging dude to have a huge increase in digging.

1 hour ago, pacovf said:

It may be good to change names to avoid confusion. One could be skills, the other could be proficiencies, for example.

One message is "Skill Increase" which occurs when a dupe gets a point in a skill while working (such as digging).  It shows up where alerts do, like "Long Commutes" or "No Research Focus selected."  The other message is "Skill Point Earned" and shows up as a clickable like research completed does.

Spoiler

image.png.a759f65ec357c95d7355db7181f1d8df.png

They're quite different, even if they begin with the same word.

Archived