Icedrofan Is Probably A Scam (NO MORE)

I think the Idedrofan providing real cooling would be non-problematic. After all, you have to have a dupe operate it and that naturally limits it. In effect it already consumes 100g Oxygen per second and 1000kcal per cycle.

3 hours ago, Junksteel said:

Bottles can be are any better?

If you're using the fan for spot-cooling, yes.  You won't have to mop up the mess every time you get your early-game mealwood farm down to a suitable temperature, for example.  If you're using it for dedicated cooling and have built accordingly (mesh tiles, pumps, etc) then probably not.

1 hour ago, Denisetwin said:

Does the new Icedrofan cool better than the old one?

The new one is a fair game. It increase the temperature of ice in it until it melts, and you get all the water back. I would say it's somewhat like tempshift plates made of ice. The difference is that it requires manual operation, and only melts 50kg ice at a time, and it melts at a constant rate, while tempshift's melting rate depends on the temperature difference from environment. Ice machine has its own independent changes, its electricity usage and ice converting rate depends on the input water's temperature.

@goatt I see you altered the title, but could you edit the original post to reflect the changes?  Keep the original text, but say at the beginning that what you say there is no longer correct and perhaps say what the new functionality is afterward.  I think it would be helpful to future readers of the forum.

Archived