About sanity - survey

About sanity - survey  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like Klei to change and/or add to sanity?

• An increase in nightmares for long periods of madness, to make it more difficult to survive crazy too many days in a row
    • New, more powerful nightmares that come after long periods of madness as a challenge for experienced players.
    • Impaired conditions that reduce the life of the character (chills, heart attacks, etc...)
    • Impaired conditions that give the character new needs (greater loss of hunger, need for sleep to recover sanity, etc...)
    • Impaired conditions that cause discomfort and can put you in danger in some situations (difficulty in constructing objects, an object have the possibility of escaping of hand, reduced view, etc...)
    • Other...
    • Sanity is perfect this way, it already expresses its full potential as a parameter, offers fun and a 360° challenge for the whole game.

Sorry, I meant to rush the ruins, she can't eat blue caps or veggies.  I do punch the clockworks but it's almost never enough to stay consistently sane, which is my worry about making sanity more dangerous, I thought it might make the ruins too dangerous in return, though it seems I'm wrong about this. 

On 01/04/2019 at 2:05 PM, 0rutyna0 said:

The effect of small sanity should be for each person to their own.
For a perfectly healthy Wolfgang, it can be an attack of many shadow creatures, and for Wickerbottom it can cause a heart attack, gradually reducing the maximum health to zero. The different effect of low sanity is an extra dimension for character balance.

this

ideally it should be gradual, and not something based on a few thresholds. for instance, not something to make me want to keep my sanity above 40%, 60% or anything like that. the higher, the better it should be

On 4/3/2019 at 7:55 PM, Unn0ticedShadow said:

Sorry, I meant to rush the ruins, she can't eat blue caps or veggies.  I do punch the clockworks but it's almost never enough to stay consistently sane, which is my worry about making sanity more dangerous, I thought it might make the ruins too dangerous in return, though it seems I'm wrong about this. 

Generally I try and grab a spider nest to plant down there for quick sanity from spider-punching and renewable tents, but for rushing...
There aren't a whole lot of options besides what was mentioned. Wigfrid's a fighter, so you fight. Take advantage of small/easy to kite mobs as walking sanity/health batteries. Rocks and gold rain from the sky, you've got infinite helmets. If shadows do spawn, killing one is a quick way back to sanity with a nice buffer from her perk.
Once you're far enough into the rush, a Magi will help keep your sanity up.

Archived