World resets while reviving

Hi forum,

when you die at night in Don't Starve Together, you have to wait for daytime to revive, so Charlie doesn't kill you as soon as you wake up. I think a light should spawn and stay for the night, but that's another topic. I had a meat effigy ready as a backup if I was killed, and was waiting for the day to come. When I clicked respawn with only a few seconds remaining before the world resets, the camera quickly pans to the meat effigy, and the revive animation begins, but then a loading screen appears that says "Generating world". I quickly closed the game, but it was too late, my world was gone and so many hours of progress lost.

When they put a large timer at the bottom of the screen, I of course expect to have exactly that amount of time to revive my character!

I think this game is way too quick to delete so many hours of progress, normally you can just quit the game and revert the save, so why not just let me do that now? I only use it if I die to a bug, but it should be my choice to make.

Hate to play now the "uncompromised survival experience" card, but maybe plan better your survival? :)

Put some fireflies around your Meat Effigy area, make more Life-giving Amulets, place also a Firepit close, maybe Mushlights if you've killed Toad/Klaus - there are plenty alternatives when dying to minimize total failure. Again: better planning - for everything!

A survival game that "leads you by the hand" is a bit too much though..

Yeah, the guy above me explained the trick: fireflies. 

You need to put them on your revive stuff ALWAYS. For instance, i always drop 3-4 amulets and a lantern under one cluster of fireflies at my base. Same with meat effigy. 

After you revive, you just go back and forth through them if you are away from base and you don't have a lantern. 

Don't worry man, i am sure you learned from this, next time you'll be like "HA! NOT TODAY!". :wilson_ecstatic:

Thank you for the firefly trick! Do i just release them into the air at the exact location? I know I should plan better, and my only reason for posting was that my world reset itself during my revival animation, but I ended up ranting about all kinds of stuff :)

While the game is supposed to be uncompromising, I find this mechanic annoying in that it limits you in ways you can't really predict based off of how/where you died, but it's also weirdly dependent on whether or not there are other players in the world, which I find out of place.

Assuming your not playing with other players, if you want to avoid this kind of death leave the server and join again, which will give you another 180 seconds to get to your touchstone, and repeat.  Although it is cheese, this is one mechanic I make an exception for due to how annoying and (kind of) unfair it can be.

Archived