Beefalo relocation

Hi everyone :D,

I'm doing a megabase in the Dragonfly desert and i wanted to add a section with beefalos. My world had one beefalo herd in it. I manage to "kidnap" a baby beefalo by making it run to my base. I've put it in a pen and waited for it to fully grow. Though he keep walking to the direction of his old herd.

I've waited until the "relocated" beefalo give birth to more beefalo. Though even the babies born in the relocated area tries to go back to the ancient herd.

Is there anyway i can relocate beefalos without them wanting to go back to there old herd ?  I really dont want to do a genocide of the old herd... 

Thanks in advance :)

Bump for interest, since I used to do the "baby beefalo" system all the time and since the beefalo bugfix I haven't been able to relocate them either.
I've read about the domestication method too, but that sounds just painful. Do we really have to rely to fully domesticate and undomesticate a beefalo so it stays in a new place now?

ok heres how you do it. you go to the herde and hit one and run in the direction you want them to move. they will aggro on you and follow you for few sec and then walk back. normally when you do that it will only aggro the half herde and the other stay where they were. so you hit one and run till they stop running after you. then they walk back. then you have to run fast to the part of the herde which didnt aggro on you and hit one of them and run in same direction. now you need to do this over and over again. the herde will change the homelocation all the time. the one half of the herde will only walk back to the ones which didnt run with them. but you are moving them too so... sorry for my bad englisch

killing all except of one and then moving them is always bad.

for example volt goats. evryone thinks you have to kill all except one and then move it slowly. this way it takes forever.  the correct way is to move the whole herde. its very easy. you can move a whole volt goat herde from one edge of the world to another in 10min this way.  

the youtuber which made this strat to kill the goats and then move the last is very good but in this case his strat is very inefficient

if you play on a normal server you can also use a trick to change the homelocation for animals. you have to move them and make a pen and they will walk all the time against the walls to their homelocation. then go in caves and shutdown the server. when you start your servwer next time and go in overworld they will have new homelocations. this doesnt work on deticated servers. i play on deticated server so i had toi find out how to do it legit. but moving one was to hard it took forever. so i found this ways

btw there was a bug where when you make 2 volt goat pens to close togetehr the 2 goats herdes would merge when they have to less goats in one herde after killing them. but this got fixed on one of the last updates

heres some tricks what you can do with beefs moving.

you can bring them to dfly, bee queen, Goose....

you can move them in your world on important points where you use them for hound attacks. for exaple we have a base with catapults but when we ar enot in base we also need protection. making more catapults or toothtraps is not so good. ive moved 2 beef herdes and now no matter where we are in our world we have always something for hound attacks.

when deerclops or bearger spawns you can leave them near beefs and make somewhere away a salt lick and bring 1 beef of evry herde to the saltlick. then let bearger/deerclops kill all beefs except the ones at the saltlick. when they are all dead go and hammer the saltlick and the beefs will walk back and grow a new herde. if you had 3 herdes and moved 1 beef of evry herde then they will make 3 herdes again. you can do this evry year and get tons of meat, wool and horns and the giants will be killed too.

if you have only 1 herde in your world you can multiply them. im not 100% sure cause i didnt needed it ever but when you tame a beef and dont finish it, it can happen the beef walks back and make a new herde. or somehow like that you can do it. i did it few times by accident so i know it can be done but i dont know how exactly

and btw taming a beef is very very easy. just dont let it ever go to 0 hunger. feed him evry morning 20 twigs and at half day again 20 twigs. brush him 1 time evry day and ride him a bit and use a saltlick . after 15 days you have a runner beef. if you want a fightewr beef then make a saltlick and plant soem flowers there. then just kill few butterflies evry day with the beef. important is to have the food for the beef before you start taming. you wont have time to harvest evry day 40-50 twigs. and when youre on your beef and you hear hounds or a giant is comingg then jump off the beef and run away. if you stay on the beef then it will be a big disaster. he will throw you off after a while if you ride him and then the dogs/giant will attack the beef and most time kill it. so just jump off the beef an drun away and when danger is over come back for your beef

and i say it again xD never ever let the beef be at 0 hunger

I would suggest fully domesticate a beefalo, and let it go wild in your base, then it will form a herd at new location, simply because it's the legit way. If you wanna kill a beef, instead of aggro beef/ beefs by attacking it, you can attempt to install a saddle which will only aggro the beef that's been provoked.

Archived