Jump to content

Why does the Tinker Shop exist?


Recommended Posts

I know this may be an all too early opinion, but can I just say that, as cool as the new shop is, it has got to be one of the most needlessly convoluted things yet? Not only do you have to buy the components at the Oddities Shop, but you also have to go to the Tinker Shop to get the blueprint to craft it.

Why not just have the items craftable from the get-go and just raise the price of the components to the combined price of the component and blueprint? You don't need a blueprint to craft an Eyebrella in RoG, after all.

Or at this point why not just sell the complete item in its entirety for the combined price of the component and blueprint?

Why on earth split the items between two separate shops? To make the player "work for it", as if walking two doors down to the other shop is a monumental journey? I should also add that the blueprints do not even give you the ability to craft the items in Shipwrecked, nor does taking the blueprint to Shipwrecked and learning it there instead. Honestly it seems like having boss drops in the Oddities Shop was never a fully thought out idea to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main problem is just that you could save thousands of oincs by just bothering to make a couple skyworthies and craft the stuff in RoG, but it's nice to have -some- option for crafting them in Hamlet without worldhopping.

Although honestly, most of the items have nearly no relevance in hamlet apart from having a permanent walking cane...

re:"Why have them seperate?", it makes it a lot easier to just re-craft the item for 50 oincs instead of shelling out another 250 for the complete item.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tumalu said:

The main problem is just that you could save thousands of oincs by just bothering to make a couple skyworthies and craft the stuff in RoG, but it's nice to have -some- option for crafting them in Hamlet without worldhopping.

Although honestly, most of the items have nearly no relevance in hamlet apart from having a permanent walking cane...

re:"Why have them seperate?", it makes it a lot easier to just re-craft the item for 50 oincs instead of shelling out another 250 for the complete item.

Or just do the stealing method by building a few and using the panflute, then destroying them

Thats way cheaper, 4 possible blueprint outcomes for 4 pigskin and 2 Magnifying glasses

And in reality, the only thing you really need from there is the scaled chest since you can craft and prototype everything else in ROG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OKYouProstate said:

Exactly. So there'd be no harm in selling blueprints for her items in SP, she's never going to be added there. And it scratches that "itch" for people who like the new Winona stuff but want to play Hamlet or SW.

That stuff is Winona only as well, its in a separate engineering tab for her which makes it impossible to add in DS unless a large amount of work is put into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MWY said:

That stuff is Winona only as well, its in a separate engineering tab for her which makes it impossible to add in DS unless a large amount of work is put into it.

Moving recipes would be one of the easiest parts of transferring her stuff over in some fashion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Moving recipes would be one of the easiest parts of transferring her stuff over in some fashion.

its not a recipe(s), more of a Character specific mechanic.
its like giving all the characters the ability to craft books like Wicketbottom.
or Battle Spear and Battle Helm like Wigfrid.
OR the almighty Lucky Hat of Woodlegs. 

and plus the Character is also only present in DST.

I personally would like to have Winona in Regular DS and all of her abilities if possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MWY said:

its not a recipe(s), more of a Character specific mechanic.
its like giving all the characters the ability to craft books like Wicketbottom.
or Battle Spear and Battle Helm like Wigfrid.
OR the almighty Lucky Hat of Woodlegs. 

and plus the Character is also only present in DST.

I personally would like to have Winona in Regular DS and all of her abilities if possible.

I wasn't disagreeing about it not fitting but that it being in a seperate tab wouldn't make it a lot of work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I wasn't disagreeing about it not fitting but that it being in a seperate tab wouldn't make it a lot of work.

I meant it from the effort of balancing it with other things in DS.

That Catapult is a very very powerful contraption in DST as you can use it to defeat Toadstool without doing anything entirely thru the fight. 

and even the Ancient Fuel Weaver is made easy it cause the catapults target those shadow health critters with their AOE extra.
 

So it will need a lot of balancing to become available to all characters in Singleplayer.

OR just bring Winona in DS and make it fair entirely. 

p.s the other stuff like the Spot light is not very useful, infact when you can make Lamp posts in DS you don't even need those Spot lights anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Winona's catapults are a lot like beefalo riding. They're great in DST, but would be near-useless in DS.

Catapults are great in DST, because you only get a single guardian horn for doing 3 boss fights every 20 days, and 1-2 deerclops eyeballs every winter. This means houndius shootiuses are difficult to craft, so a cheaper turret is incredibly useful.

DS doesn't have that restriction. You can get 3 guardian horns per RoG world, and buy deerclops eyeballs for a very cheap price. Especially if you factor in coffee, you're able to get way more houndius shootiuses in just the 20 days it takes to get a single horn in DST.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OKYouProstate said:

Winona will never be coming to DS. The idea is to allow you to access her stuff as a third party, via the Tinker shop! Perfect for Gadgets and stuff like that.

It's not like Winona's stuff would be ALL the Tinker Shop offers, but in addition to what it currently does; and possibly inspiring all-new mechanical items you can only get from the store.

Wagstaff will be your man for that cause he is Winona's Boss, He might WILL probably have the Engineering tab with him and he IS probably the DS counterpart to Winona in DST.
(Lore wise its quite good)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...