Use sour gas for making SULFURIC ACID.

Hello guys! (•ω•)

Guys who have accessed to the oil biome might know if you cook any oil directly, it gives the nasty sour gas.

And for those who have read the database (I call it OxidePedia) in the game (That book-like thing at top right corner) might know about sour gas contains sulfur - It drops sulfur solid upon strong or long enough cooling.

Besides as a nice thermal-diffuser, I have another idea here - Why not get it processed into the fancy sulfuric acid, the most common acid in modern industries, especially essential for some electronic components.

[Prototype artwork will put here later]

So this is an acid, you might know it can be dangerous if you are leaving that unattended.

Firstly, it can damage steel and (especially) iron structures unless the buildings has plastic components.

Secondly, it can damage any duplicants without exosuits and critters upon contact.

Thirdly, all kinds of organic stuff and food can be destroyed by sulfuric acid to become water and carbon (as they are maily composed by carbonhydrates).

Any ideas?

Comments please~ (•ω•)

(Sounds like you’ll need more lumps of plastic.)

I think sulfur should be usable somewhere. Since sulfuric acid is pretty corrosive maybe lets just simplify it by using raw sulfur. The oil refinery should drop some sulfur to make it consistent with oil cooking and handle the missing mass. Then the sulfur should be used for some sort of a chemical station. You could use the chamical station to process slime or algae into carbon or abyssalite into something (tungsten maybe) all costing you sulfur.

26 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I think sulfur should be usable somewhere. Since sulfuric acid is pretty corrosive maybe lets just simplify it by using raw sulfur. The oil refinery should drop some sulfur to make it consistent with oil cooking and handle the missing mass. Then the sulfur should be used for some sort of a chemical station. You could use the chamical station to process slime or algae into carbon or abyssalite into something (tungsten maybe) all costing you sulfur.

Using sulfur directly makes more sense. You’re right.

For sulfur i have heard about that is also used for some sort of fertilizers (sulphide salt).

Or even, you can mix them into explosives (actually the explosive I want is something like potassium-acid reaction that is strong enough to brow the entire factory up but DON’T ever try this in labs or at home.)

Or something such as, lead-acid accumulators (This can withsband heavy workload)

(Lead-acid accumulators uses sulfuric acid as electrolyte.)

59 minutes ago, Madbro said:

Using sulfur directly makes more sense. You’re right.

For sulfur i have heard about that is also used for some sort of fertilizers (sulphide salt).

Or even, you can mix them into explosives (actually the explosive I want is something like potassium-acid reaction that is strong enough to brow the entire factory up but DON’T ever try this in labs or at home.)

Or something such as, lead-acid accumulators (This can withsband heavy workload)

(Lead-acid accumulators uses sulfuric acid as electrolyte.)

saw some random page on the web:
http://www.kurzweilai.net/rechargeable-batteries-with-almost-infinite-lifetimes-coming-say-mit-samsung-engineers

we got phosphorus, and sulfur in game ,not too hard to add something and use the space forge thing to make super battery...(I tired of my  row of solar farm etc)

And I want acidified water too. You’ll need something to neutralize it into polluted water, probably using some lime to make antacids, but you know it could be expensive, unless you have a pacu farm for tons of eggs making tons of shells?

As well, there’re some varients of steels, especially the chromium-based one, are resistant to acid and chemical attacks. That is also in my wishlists.

P.S. acidified water is created when you accidentially drop some acid into the water. Also generates some heat due to its diluting reaction.

Comparied to sulfuric acid, acidified water is less harmful, but sill a great threat to steel and iron based structures, except damage is just smaller.

Pacus can’t live in acidified water.

By the way, chlorine can also make acid too. Firstly combust with hydrogen (precondition: mixed well) and you’ll get hydrogen chloride (HCl, gas). The mix it into water and that gives you another commonly used acid, and the acid produced by your stomach, HYDROCHLORIC ACID (HCl, aqueous)

Archived