What if the Spotlights automatically turned off during the day?

I know the devs. said they didn't want to add a turn off/on for the generators, but in a game that is all about resource management, there is nothing more horrible than being forced to waste resources.

Having the light on during the day is just pointless and inevitable without being able to turn the generators off.

So what if the lights automatically switched off during the day? Would that work?

P.S. I really like this update. It's actually brought me back to DST after I gave up on it a long time ago :) 

yeah exactly. id also be nice if they would turn off when no player is within like 2 screens of it. so u can leave fueled spotlights in the caves and such. 

klei's not sending a good message to their players, making a light u cant turn off! think about global warming!  :D

36 minutes ago, Ohan said:

yeah exactly. id also be nice if they would turn off when no player is within like 2 screens of it. so u can leave fueled spotlights in the caves and such. 

klei's not sending a good message to their players, making a light u cant turn off! think about global warming!  :D

To be fair, that would be a bit OP. You could pretty much have the whole map covered and energy would last a long time.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:57 AM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

To be fair, that would be a bit OP. You could pretty much have the whole map covered and energy would last a long time.

let cover the whole map with scaled furnace and light will exist forever.

17 minutes ago, goatt said:

They don't have to implement switch for spot light or catapult, just let us have a switch on generators, since all generators have a switch, I those wires, can I attach a switch on them?

just cut them and have them be restored for 1000000 frazzled wires.

Archived