[Discussion] Character refreshes ideas

This thread is meant to discuss about character refreshes. What will the refreshes change? We can talk about all characters here and post our ideas here, so feel free to contribute!

My ideas about Wilson so far:

In general, he probably will become sort of a healer, since he seems to have some medical knowledge. 

His abilities:

- Dying survivors will drop, but instead of instantly turning into skeletons, they will remain in their bodies for a very short time (5-10 seconds?). While being in this state, they will be possible to be "reanimated" by Wilson, until they turn into skeletons. Wilson reviving them will stop this timer. The reviving itself should take 10-15 seconds. If they get revived in time, they will get up, with 20-25 health, 30 hunger, and 35-40 sanity, and with each of them being decreased to maximum 50. After they get up, they will be in "weak" state. The "weak" state lasts for half a day, and while in that state, they will look and walk as if they just woke up after eating a mandrake, and the healing items/foods will be half as efficient, and they will recieve twice as much damage, which makes the character very vurnerable. They will also be unable to fight, or do other activities, such as chopping trees or mining. If killed in that state, they will be impossible to revive by Wilson. After the "weak" state, they switch to "recovering" state. In that state, they are quite similar to their normal state, but they are a bit slower, recieve 1.2x more damage and they can do normal activities, but they will be less efficient (for example, they have to swing twice as much to chop a single tree), and they have smaller damage output, divided by 2. That state lasts for 1 day. After they turn into "normal" state.

- He will be able to exclusively craft some medical supplies, more efficient and more available. Maybe even a better version of telltale heart that doesn't decrease max hp as much and gives back bigger stats? Or some cheap, effective bandages which he will start with?

Weaknesses:

- If he does those things (and a couple of other things, such as seeing someone die, fighting, eating rough quality meals...but it will be balanced, it will only be induced in long-term situations), they increase his "stress" level, a new hidden value. The higher his "stress" is, the faster the sanity will decrease. You can decrease stress by sleeping or eating tasty foods. If stress level is too high, his appearence will change to a more devastated one, with his eyes having bigger grey circles (bigger than usual) and with him slithgly shaking. If in that state, his max stats will decrease by 25, will recieve slightly more damage and his hunger will decay a little bit faster.

Feel free to share your ideas about other characters down below!

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

I disagree about giving Wilson weaknesses because Wilson should stay as the (only) character without drawbacks, except his beard during Summer.

I'm with this guy, I really like Wilson being the one character with zero drawbacks and a couple of situationally useful perks. I think he's in a great spot as is.

26 minutes ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

While we're on the subject of Wilson, I suppose it wouldn't be too outlandish if, suppose, he would be able to craft a random (normal) blueprint with beard hair and papyrus.

Don't think about it too hard.

That could be a nice idea: Giving him a few recipes which can be crafted with Beard Hair. That way his beard would have a 2nd ability it won't punish Wilson players that hard, but you'll have to keep it as long as possible.

12 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

I'm with this guy, I really like Wilson being the one character with zero drawbacks and a couple of situationally useful perks. I think he's in a great spot as is.

13 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

I disagree about giving Wilson weaknesses because Wilson should stay as the (only) character without drawbacks, except his beard during Summer.

The "stress" perk isn't as big as it seems, it's in fact very little compared to other characters (it will be balanced, and it will only get serious if not taken care of it for too long). It's inspired by Wilson's quote: I get insane if I don't sleep.

By the way, do you have any other ideas about any other characters? Maxwell, for example? I am interested in hearing you out, everyone is different and will have different ideas.

Archived