Because I think that hamlet is an excellent DLC

I have read many comments from people who do not like Hamlet for the most disparate reasons.
Some I also share: a few bosses, seasons that are just problems, few islands to explore and with little variety of biomes, the apocalypse that should be a little revised.
But despite this I find that Hamlet is a really wonderful content, and I would like others to appreciate it as much as I do:
First of all it revolutionizes the way of "living" Don't Starve: on Hamlet it is no longer survival, it is exploration, you constantly have the feeling of being an Indiana Jones archaeologist who has to penetrate the meanders of wild places and ancient abandoned temples to bring back in light and civilization, idols and artifacts! A wonderful feeling, much more fun than that of the simple shipwreck or survivor. On Hamlet you have the feeling of having a purpose: to resume archaeological finds, to stop the apocalypse. Very beautifull.
Secondly, the new mechanics: interacting with the pigs of the city, trading, becoming a Mayor, ecc...
How fun it is to discover that the berries are "cocaine pigs", steal night time from the plantations of the countryside, start their "drug trafficking", get rich, go to the Mayor and pay a militia and then go, with his military platoon, underground recover the queen's crown from a giant spider? Crown to barter to get the key for yourself to become Mayor of your city! 
Thirdly, the new bosses: and even here guys, the basilisk is wonderful. A long, intense challenge, which requires a lot of attention to understand how to win and even when you discover the best tactics remains non-trivial as the snake freezes you to area! Unfortunately, and here is actually a big flaw, the queen of ants and herald are much less interesting and fun, but I hope that the Iron Hulk and a review of the herald will give us challenges worthy of the basilisk!
Last but not least, the graphics (intended as artistic composition): well, I recently played a game on Rog, and there is no story: even under the artistic profile Hamlet is much more impressive. New graphic and sound effects, greater attention to detail, environments with more elements, a certain "monumental" vein that makes some gigantic elements ... really, the art of Hamlet is perhaps the thing that, summing up, the more fascinated by this DLC.
And nothing, that's all. Usually I'm not so lavish with compliments, but I think this DLC deserves them all and I hope that the Klei does not abandon him and indeed, listen to all the right criticism of the fans to make it even better.

I love it too, especially since the addition of Wormwood. Hamlet seems like it was intended to bring all three game worlds into a linked ring, which may be why some players, who aren't inclined that way, see it as truncated. It really feels like the point of the game is to get three connected worlds in Hamlet, SW and ROG. ROG has more "layers," but it's really two games: vanilla with the ROG DLC added onto it, so it's not really fair to compare it to Hamlet. Plus, Hamlet has tons of new mechanics and items, and the graphics are gorgeous, especially the new turfs.

1 hour ago, aerotong said:

Also I want to build my own city but not just find a city on the island

You can after getting a key to the city by getting to the 2nd island ( Pigman entrance ), there you should find a new city and a palace, the queen has keys to the royal gallery and you can get them by giving her 4 special items: The 2 rare idols ( each found in ruins to the 2nd/3rd island ) a Scepter ( should be found at BFB's Island ) and A crown ( get it by killing a mant queen )

The gallery contains an ingredient for Skyworthy, Key to the city and a hammer to destroy the buildings.

It's too drastic a change from the base game that it doesn't feel even half as deep. It's got the same problem as Shipwrecked, a great concept, but ironically very shallow since it's trying to build the game from the ground up.

The reward for exploring is just money. If you we're to encounter more traps, maybe some unique gimmicks like flooded ruins, lava ruins, trap doors that drop you into a lower level of a ruin, and you could also maybe find unique artifacts like Thulecite items, THEN exploring would feel worthwhile.

Right now when you explore the ruins your only real reward is relics, which get turned into the same 10 piece oincs, which late game mostly become pointless.

At first I hated the idea of houses, cities, and spending money in Don't Starve, but I learned to stop thinking of Hamlet as an expansion of Don't Starve, and started to think of it as its own separate content. It just needs more of that content...

What content there is is just amazing, I love all the new art, all the unique ideas, but it needs more time.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:51 PM, Ogrecakes said:

It's too drastic a change from the base game that it doesn't feel even half as deep. It's got the same problem as Shipwrecked, a great concept, but ironically very shallow since it's trying to build the game from the ground up.

The reward for exploring is just money. If you we're to encounter more traps, maybe some unique gimmicks like flooded ruins, lava ruins, trap doors that drop you into a lower level of a ruin, and you could also maybe find unique artifacts like Thulecite items, THEN exploring would feel worthwhile.

Right now when you explore the ruins your only real reward is relics, which get turned into the same 10 piece oincs, which late game mostly become pointless.

At first I hated the idea of houses, cities, and spending money in Don't Starve, but I learned to stop thinking of Hamlet as an expansion of Don't Starve, and started to think of it as its own separate content. It just needs more of that content...

What content there is is just amazing, I love all the new art, all the unique ideas, but it needs more time.

it is still in early access though i still understand and fear as well they sound like they have plans

On 2019/3/4 at 2:45 AM, 4 Da LOLs said:

it is still in early access though i still understand and fear as well they sound like they have plans

I should say, shipwrecked was also boring and bad when it launched, but later it turned into my favourite DLC. So let's give Klei some time to fix and improve Hamlet.

On 2019/3/7 at 2:37 AM, Charsis said:

@aerotong how did that happen? Home sea home update alone changed your mind on dlc completely?

I played shipwrecked really early, with nearly nothing to do but sailing to different island. No boss, no Volcano, etc. All you can do is sailing and survive from the super annoying volcano eruption (I need to totally leave my home, sailing in the sea doing nothing day by day just to wait til the end of dry season).
Kinda like Hamlet now, we survive for the first cycle (neetle building & home building, Aporkalypse Calendar, fighting two bosses), and then we seem to have nothing to do. 

Archived