Jump to content

Cleaning Outhouse Is Affected By Strength


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

This begs the question, can you increase strength by cleaning toilets. :) 

Omg, funny thing is that I happened to see it happening. It increased to -2. I was so done. Cuz the weakest dupe liked cleaning the toilet the most.

Now I have another question, if you starts with -3, will it be harder for you get get to 10 compared to a dupe who has a starting value of 3. Does it depend on the “lvl increased” or just the value reached?

4 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Time to add a toilet to my gym.

I should name that dupe after your id

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, goatt said:

if you starts with -3, will it be harder for you get get to 10 compared to a dupe who has a starting value of 3

It will take longer, everything else being equal.  Higher learning has an impact on leveling every skill. A smart weak dupe can clean toilets all day long and best a stupid strong dupe in strength, given time. The toilet idea in the gym would work, but mopping up liquids is much easier. Here's a link for old times sake (thanks @fishoutofwater).

Make sure you read @Lilalaunekuh's comment part way down, as it's probably the fastest way to train strength that I know of. Fun times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, goatt said:

Now I have another question, if you starts with -3, will it be harder for you get get to 10 compared to a dupe who has a starting value of 3. Does it depend on the “lvl increased” or just the value reached?

The -3 strength is coming from a modifier noodle arms I'm assuming. This does not affect base skill level it is tacked on after the fact. So the technical answer to your question is, no it will be the same amount of leveling time as any other dupe with the same base starting strength. But super technically they will probably level faster as it will take then longer to do the job, more time at job = more leveling. However even when the they max at level 20 they will still have the -3 modifier meaning they will only really be 17 (excluding jobs). This is why the quick learner trait is useful for a researcher, they get +3 learning from the trait but this does not count towards base skill. So there learning will level quicker than a dupe that had 3 learning naturally for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JohnFrancis said:

But super technically they will probably level faster as it will take then longer to do the job, more time at job = more leveling

If nothing changed the +exp for doing a job is based on task completion. (Each time mobbing produces a bottle is considered a task.^^)

=> A duplicant with less strength, completes less tasks in the same time resulting in less additional exp towards leveling up that skill.

 

(I never tested the strength gain by cleaning an outhouse, but I would assume it works like most tasks.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If nothing changed the +exp for doing a job is based on task completion. (Each time mobbing produces a bottle is considered a task.^^)

=> A duplicant with less strength, completes less tasks in the same time resulting in less additional exp towards leveling up that skill.

I was under the impression that it was time spent not tasks completed but had never tested it. Good to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...