Nullifier Charges

Should we be able to move Thermo Nullifiers?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be able to move Thermo Nullifiers?

• Yes (discuss how)
    • No

What if we could deconstruct a Thermo Nullifier and receive a blueprint? We could use the blueprint to place it back down while still having a limited amount on the map. This would open up some cool gameplay, allowing players to place cooling structures where they actually want them. Where they actually make sense to be built.

For me, it's just too much hassle to make structures around them, spread out across the map, in awkward places with prefab structures blocking the design. I don't see why players should be restricted from having these options. Right now there are much better options for cooling that there's really no reason to go out of your way, unless it spawned in a convenient location.

Also, if you deconstruct one, it's currently gone forever.

There should be a required part, something along the lines of "Nullifier Crystal", that is required to build them.  Give any Nullifier that is deconstructed a chance to drop one, and then add them to certain Space Destinations at a low % chance.

I do think it should not be guaranteed though.  There should be risk involved with taking apart a device that you don't fully understand.

Thermo Nullifier is a early game handy cooling solution that works well with the electrolyzer. By later in the game they cannot keep up with the steam turbine aqua tuner combo or fixed temp output. However I'm sure play styles differ so a case might be made for moving them. But I see this as an unlikely possibility, the game devs look to be pushing us towards fixed temp and power based cooling.

would be a good, type in D.S. where when you disconcerted he dropped an ex item: "refined neutronium" that would be unique, and that would be the necessary item for the construction of one, then who knows if you did not want to use it as decoration item on the pedestal

Why not make the critical component that is needed in order to reconstruct the Nullifier have a lower chance until the proper mid/late game research is completed?  Start with a say... 20-30% chance at the beginning of the game but the research will raise the chance to 80-90%.  "You have a better grasp of it's construction but there are intricate components surrounding the strange crystal embedded in the system.  A dupe may still accidentally drop the fragile crystal, making it worthless.  Oops"

That could make it balanced, not too soon, not too late.  And with a reasonable chance for failure.  Sorry about the flavor text.

Make the thermo nullifier a normal thing you can build but:

1. Require a chunk of "refined neutronium" that always drops from a deconstructed one or can be found in space.

2. High tier research. Just make it a building unlocked at the end of the research tree, or somewhere close to the end requiring space research points but going through a different branch than the rocket modules.

8 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Make the thermo nullifier a normal thing you can build but:

1. Require a chunk of "refined neutronium" that always drops from a deconstructed one or can be found in space.

2. High tier research. Just make it a building unlocked at the end of the research tree, or somewhere close to the end requiring space research points but going through a different branch than the rocket modules.

Maybe it could be tiered with two research types that integrates the first research idea i proposed, or something similar, and has yours as the final research.

Archived