There is no punishment for not being able to kill pugalisk.

Alright, today I was going to fight pugalisk for the first time. I had my cane, my armour, my weapons, my healing items, and was ready to go. I start the fight and then.... OH S***T I FORGOT THE COFFEE. Oh Well, at least I have the magic water, may as well get out of here before it all goes south, it's not like I can hit him anyway. I really shouldn't be able to run away from a boss fight like that! Hell, I took more damage from the ruins than I did getting raiding the fountain of youth!

Spoiler

But, on the other hand, it was pretty cool.

Not sure if this is still true, but i don't think it despawns so wont it always be destroying things on the 3rd island? Not like you ever have to go there, but if it doesn't die you can't get more magic water so if you use the water you need to kill pugalisk for more.

10 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

Not sure if this is still true, but i don't think it despawns so wont it always be destroying things on the 3rd island? Not like you ever have to go there, but if it doesn't die you can't get more magic water so if you use the water you need to kill pugalisk for more.

I didn't know it respawned in the first place. Dammit, I need to look these things up before I get rid of my only reliable source of respawns.

9 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

I didn't know it respawned in the first place. Dammit, I need to look these things up before I get rid of my only reliable source of respawns.

It respawns after death, and when it does, more magic youth water, which means more reviving. Fun trade off there, plus it's a giant snake, who doesn't want to fight a giant snake?

This is true of everything in every instance of Don't Starve, there isn't a single boss in the entire game that you can't just run away from. Even the aggressive bosses in RoG can be lead away from your base and safely ignored.

Only issue is then you miss out on their drops, but you get the only really worthwhile thing from the pugalisk on spawning it, so, yeah. fighting it is kinda pointless.

7 hours ago, Rosten said:

This is true of everything in every instance of Don't Starve, there isn't a single boss in the entire game that you can't just run away from. Even the aggressive bosses in RoG can be lead away from your base and safely ignored.

Only issue is then you miss out on their drops, but you get the only really worthwhile thing from the pugalisk on spawning it, so, yeah. fighting it is kinda pointless.

I think the main point was you get the magic water without having to kill it, but not killing it means you can't get more. 

Archived