Shove Vole feeder issue

The critter feeders work initially but over time the shove voles stop using the feeders one by one. This allows the feeder to fill up and will stay full no matter how hungry the voles get. Voles will still feed from other feeders until they to stop working for some reason. Please notes none of the feeders should have time to fill up 20 voles can easily consume 40 kg of regolith a second and will still get hungry. Using multiple feeders or spacing them out and the issue remains. Placed doors under the feeders and having them open at intervals to "reset" the feeders does not work. I can get the feeders to work again by removing regolith as a food and then adding it again. Most likely related to the feeders getting periodically entombed in regolith vomit. Does anyone have an automated solution that resolves the problem?

ShoveVole2.jpg

It's a bug that came in with QoL2. You have lots of feeders, that helps with mitigating this somewhat. From time to time you need to uncheck regolith on them, and then check it again. Then it's fine for a while. Check them once every couple of cycles.

36 minutes ago, biopon said:

It's a bug that came in with QoL2. You have lots of feeders, that helps with mitigating this somewhat. From time to time you need to uncheck regolith on them, and then check it again. Then it's fine for a while. Check them once every couple of cycles.

I have not updated to QoL2 yet. So this is present in Qol1. The extra feeders are to decrease the amount of times I have to go back and fix the issue. I'm trying to automate everything so I don't have to interact with the game but if there is no fix for this I will have to go back to slicksters.

Well there's nothing in tonight's update that's even remotely close. Unless "fetch tasks for micro amounts" has any relevance. 

You could try a taller room and build a dropper for the regolith? It might be a bit of work but they're so damn efficient meat factories, it's probably better than slicksters still.

EDIT: I just noticed the airlocks, presumably they're there to try and fix the issue, and they don't work? One possible thing to try, and I have no idea if this will work or not, but you could try hiding the feeders in two side rooms behind mech doors, and only have one side room open at a time. The idea behind this is that maybe the problem isn't with the feeders, it's the voles that start ignoring them after a while. It might reset their behavior if you temporarily cut off access and then allow them to the feeders again. (Voles will get stuck in the side rooms so you have to account for some of them being glum, but it still beats the alternative.)

3 hours ago, biopon said:

You could try a taller room and build a dropper for the regolith? It might be a bit of work but they're so damn efficient meat factories, it's probably better than slicksters still.

EDIT: I just noticed the airlocks, presumably they're there to try and fix the issue, and they don't work?

Droppers could be an option but they would struggle to hit the throughput requirements plus the complications of keeping the voles from vomiting on the contraption. The airlocks are there for a completely different annoyance caused by voles :)

Considering the amount of people who hit space and use voles I'm sure someone else has encountered this bug before and has some sort of work around, well that is what I'm hoping.

3 hours ago, tzionut said:

I use the reload trick until i finish my 2800 tones of regolith under the regolith no more wall. Now they eat only what is falling when i open the bunker doors for let my rocket move.. The game runs smooth without regolith :) 

So no solution to voles messing up the auto feeders :( I'm slowly chewing through the regolith, I managed to accumulate 7500 tons of the stuff. It turns out wild voles have an eat limit, I put several hundred tonnes in the room with about 20 wild voles and it's taking a long long time.

This is my setup There was a oil lock but after i finish my regolith frozed from the wheze. The digger put a end to any bulk regolith and the sweeper moves all. The storage container was for storing the eggs until i moved all the shove voles. 

7.thumb.jpg.83e32354c9358f4a67b4737a27ef3c6e.jpg

Archived