Impartial Warbucks poll

What do you think about Warbucks?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Warbucks...

• Should be added back (with or without a rework)
    • Should stay out of the game
    • Neutral

44 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

them removing the character empowers artistic integrity its what the developers wanted to do with their character.

Them removing the character because it was complained about is the OPPOSITE of integrity.

15 minutes ago, DoMaya said:

Them removing the character because it was complained about is the OPPOSITE of integrity.

thats a side complaint, his main removal reason is because Kiel didn't like his gameplay and wanted to start from scratch. the drama that quickly consumed warbucks, just made it more vaild to take him out of the game for the baggage he has now tied to his name. almost a force of hand if you will.

2 hours ago, DoMaya said:

They’ve said that no one complained to them. But even so, lots of creative people try things and ask for feedback. That’s what betas and EA is all about. Are you saying they shouldn’t listen to feedback?

6 hours ago, DoMaya said:

Nice gaslight you got there, the problem with removing a character for the reason they did is a conflict of artistic integrity.
Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean no one liked them, people have a legitimate reason to complain.
You can't denounce the dissenters as disingenuous, dude. Discrediting demands directed towards developers as "dumb" demeans dedicated discussions.

Nothing demeans this discussion more than the motivations behind it and the arguments made within it.

Warbucks was poorly designed and that is sufficient for justifying his “removal” that leaves him fully playable forever with one command line entry or a tiny mod or simply not dying in a Warbucks save.

10% of the whining from what I have seen is Warbucks mains who misunderstand the significance of a character being retired but completely playable in single player (there isn’t any) and the other 90% is from the “own the libs” crowd who are reactionaries up in arms because of the “culturally problematic” reasoning.  They have no grounds to challenge his poor design (because there isn’t a logical way to challenge it) so they fight the part of the justification they can without understanding why that doesn’t make sense.

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

They’ve said that no one complained to them. But even so, lots of creative people try things and ask for feedback. That’s what betas and EA is all about. Are you saying they shouldn’t listen to feedback?

General feedback says to bring him back

1 hour ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

General feedback says to bring him back

That’s my point. If you think it shows no artistic integrity to listen to criticism of Warbucks then it wouldn’t be any better to listen to the people demanding that he be put back. 

The truth is, creators get all kinds of feedback. Some of it they listen to and agree with and some of it theylisten to and don’t, but it’s their choice as to what feels right for their work.

4 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

That’s my point. If you think it shows no artistic integrity to listen to criticism of Warbucks then it wouldn’t be any better to listen to the people demanding that he be put back. 

The truth is, creators get all kinds of feedback. Some of it they listen to and agree with and some of it theylisten to and don’t, but it’s their choice as to what feels right for their work.

I really like this post but want to emphasize that Warbucks is not and will never be actually gone.  Right now he’s fully in the game but unselectable unless you put in a tiny amount of effort.

Even if Klei doesn’t maintain compatibility (which would be surprising given how simple Warbucks code is) a modder will do it.

Warbucks is already going to be a permanent feature, all of this uproar is literally over perception of harm.  Not actual harm.  Harm in this case being the high stakes “I might not be able to play Warbucks at some point.”

59 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

My question is how did Warbucks's abilities affect the game play past day three?

Not gonna sugar coat it, for a lot of people that liked him mechanic wise (I'm excluding his character appearance, dialogue ect.) was that he was maxwell without the health downside and a better sanity regen. Which to be honest I kinda hated this was the case.

7 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

Not gonna sugar coat it, for a lot of people that liked him mechanic wise (I'm excluding his character appearance, dialogue ect.) was that he was maxwell without the health downside and a better sanity regen. Which to be honest I kinda hated this was the case.

Better sanity regen? You need 50 oincs to match Maxwell, and Maxwell's health doesn't really matter since he has the night armour.

1 minute ago, Mooagain said:

Better sanity regen? You need 50 oincs to match Maxwell, and Maxwell's health doesn't really matter since he has the night armour.

By a lot of people I mean people newish to the game.

Granted all you had to do is dedicate an inventory slot to 2 centa piece oincs and you had 2 times the sanity regen of maxwell and you are set forever. 

I know this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but this is what I feel like is the reason people clung onto him mechanic wise.

Archived