DragonFly Speedrun - Losing My Mind

I am so 

annoyed

i have many failed attempts of the dragonfly speedrun and i always die at the final fight.

In every video i've seen, they use the wall strategy and it works perfectly!

But idk why in every run i do df ends up spawning the lavaes on the wrong side of the wall !! 

This is so annoying cuz this means that most of the time i just die 30 mns into the run on the last phase of the dfly

So i'm looking for a way to make her NOT do that because im litterally going crazy.

Video of the dfly spawning the lavaes on the wrong side : 

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

T means walls O means the lava

TTTTTOTTTTOTTTTTT

when it should be

O              O

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It doesnt work neither ;

the reason why the lavaes get stuck is because they think they can go through the lava ponds.

so if u put the wall far from the ponds they'll just go around the walls.

i also tried putting the walls closer to one side of the ponds and

still didnt work

Video example

22 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Build some signs and surround them with a line of walls

19 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Ugh, you're supposed to place the walls with pools like this

image.png.b341baabae8f65d7c9f21b6e3e90d912.png

Do it with one of the outskirts pool and with the bottom in the image being direction away from centre pool. Btw, speedrun already beat without walls by day 2:

"ugh", u dont have to be rude about it lol

thx for the info tho 

do the sign exploit like so:20181030163858_1.thumb.jpg.761fdd847851627946d95fffe1dc9f05.jpg

Make a gap in the walls blocked by a sign. The lavae's pathfinding sees the the gap in the walls, and tries to cross said gap but gets blocked by the sign, even if the sign is burnt.

It'll be tricky to place, admittedly, but with time you'll have those lavae safely contained. Dont get too close to them, though, as sometimes one or two get past the signs if you trigger their leap attack.

Above all else, be patient. The dragonfly has a massive amount of health and damage; failure shall be imminent, but you'll succeed eventually.

Happy hunting!

Just now, GetNerfedOn said:

do the sign exploit like so:20181030163858_1.thumb.jpg.761fdd847851627946d95fffe1dc9f05.jpg

Make a gap in the walls blocked by a sign. The lavae's pathfinding sees the the gap, and tries to criss said gap but gets blocked by the sign, even if the sign is burnt.

It'll be tricky to place, admittedly, but with time you'll have those lavae safely contained.

Happy hunting!

thx dude !

ill use it when i wanna kill him safely but i kinda realized that doing that strat in a speedrun was too slow

2 minutes ago, Splits said:

thx dude !

ill use it when i wanna kill him safely but i kinda realized that doing that strat in a speedrun was too slow

It's okay in a speedrun if you've managed to snag a couple or so boards alongside your other preparation materials ;)

You only need the slightest gap in the wall, so you want to place it in a way that it creates only a little pinch of room for a larvae to be spawned on your side.  This will only happen if the dfly goes to that pool first, and you can usually just kill that one while she is spawning the others before she returns.  Most fights I do not get a larvae on my side using this wall set up.

Your wall only needs to extend enough to each side such that the path through the gap is shorter than the path around to where you are at.

I hope this helps.

dfly001.thumb.jpg.82386714ca0737e2648d75ced9b86a3c.jpg

dfly002.thumb.jpg.f06888368105df2dfa3155267d3cf20d.jpg

dfly003.thumb.jpg.93bd762a10500ebd94429880da95797d.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 7:18 AM, Charsis said:

Ugh, you're supposed to place the walls with pools like this

image.png.b341baabae8f65d7c9f21b6e3e90d912.png

Do it with one of the outskirts pool and with the bottom in the image being direction away from centre pool. Btw, speedrun already beat without walls by day 2:

Thanks, but that's my video and it's not a speedrun, it's a speedkill. I spawned in the gear.

Archived