Tank Full Detector

Just now, Yunru said:

Because for some reason I was thinking the tank could empty faster than it can fill. Don't know why.

It can. But the bridge from the pipe section with the sensor will start to clear and thus toggle the sensor off if at any time the input is less than 10kg/s. 

Just now, Saturnus said:

It can. But the bridge from the pipe section with the sensor will start to clear and thus toggle the sensor off if at any time the input is less than 10kg/s. 

Yeah, I was somehow thinking the tank could empty faster than it could fill with a max flow input, leaving the sensor on and the tank empty.

Of course, that's impossible unless you use pipes which can hold different amounts (which currently don't exist).

On 3.2.2019 at 12:17 PM, Saturnus said:

Once the tank is full, the input overflow and via the bridge traps water in the pipe where the liquid sensor is.

The liquid sensor output is now TRUE and through the NOT gate that closes the door, and enables the output from the tank.

The liquid sensor will because of the bridge stay TRUE until there is a disruption on the input line. 

I think that is  what @Yunru meant .

But I think most of the confusion comes from the use cases:

- If we talk about desinfecting a reservoir, we want our signal to stay true till the tank is empty again.

- If we want to detect if the reservoir is full at any given time, you want the "overflow" pipe to emtpy before the reservoir.

27 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

- If we want to detect if the reservoir is full at any given time, you want the "overflow" pipe to emtpy before the reservoir.

??

My set up does exactly that.

27 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I- If we talk about desinfecting a reservoir, we want our signal to stay true till the tank is empty again.

In that case I wouldn't use a filling sensor at all. I'd have a timed filling instead to make sure there's no blobs of liquid in any pipes anywhere.

EDIT: Here's a simple disinfection setup that handles up to 6666g/s flow (typically just 5000g/s for a sieve) by just alternating between two tanks with a clock sensor at 50% on, 50% off and a single NOT gate.

The delay in opening and closing the doors is by itself enough to make sure no germs gets through by being stuck in pipes.

image.thumb.png.568b3b491c50c7a29500355e38353daf.png

Archived