Lush Season Sanity Management ?

I can't really figure out any way to not have my Sanity at or near 0 during the entirety of the Lush Season.

It doesn't really seem feasible to get enough seed pods or nettle to stay hay fever for the entire season, and the gas mask drains sanity really quickly. Combined with the frustration of trying to navigate the brambles, it feels like it's basically impossible to do anything save sit in your house for the entire season.

38 minutes ago, Rosten said:

I can't really figure out any way to not have my Sanity at or near 0 during the entirety of the Lush Season.

It doesn't really seem feasible to get enough seed pods or nettle to stay hay fever for the entire season, and the gas mask drains sanity really quickly. Combined with the frustration of trying to navigate the brambles, it feels like it's basically impossible to do anything save sit in your house for the entire season.

I play with Wigfrid and the only way to avoid sneezing for me is using Gas Mask,

However I personally recommend using Tam-o-Shanter whenever possible combined with Gas Mask or Tea Tree Seeds for other characters

(Nettle farming is hard)

(you can get the Tam-o-Shanter from the Hats shop quite easily)

I would also recommend staying close to base and not exploring much during this season.

Playing with Wigfrid or Wolfgang is easier cause Sanity is no problem for them (can beat up shadows too easily and fuel is very good)

Also here a very great method to farm Nettles with Wickerbottom:

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Rosten said:

I think the biggest improvement one could make are picking flowers and building a boat. Flowers respawn after rain. A pond could be a welcomed shortcut to avoid brambles and gives you access to lotus. Otherwise I recommend collecting enough food like Leaf Meat or Blooming Tuber and skip some of the first longer nights using straw rolls. I know it's a noobish turn but I was quite unlucky with some runs without cloth but at least it helped me preventing nightmares to spawn during batwaves.

The best way to manage insanity are the Nettle Vine farms. You will need a shovel and I recommend the golden one. Once the lush season finishes, go the Deep Rainforest and look for Nettle Vines. Then take them to a Rain Deepforest and plant them near to a Lilypond.

The next thing is build the sprinkler. The alloy can be easily crafted from a smelter and the ice can be bought on one of the pig shops for only 1 oinc. The hardest ingredients are the blue and red gems. You can try by mining Stalagmite where the gems can be easily obtained from.

On the early game, you have to play with Tam-o-Shanter and Gas Mask. 

3 hours ago, axxel said:

I think the biggest improvement one could make are picking flowers and building a boat. Flowers respawn after rain. A pond could be a welcomed shortcut to avoid brambles and gives you access to lotus. Otherwise I recommend collecting enough food like Leaf Meat or Blooming Tuber and skip some of the first longer nights using straw rolls. I know it's a noobish turn but I was quite unlucky with some runs without cloth but at least it helped me preventing nightmares to spawn during batwaves.

Oh, reminder that you can hammer the balloon where you spawned to get a guaranteed cloth. That's always how I make Gas Masks.

Just now, Rosten said:

Oh, reminder that you can hammer the balloon where you spawned to get a guaranteed cloth. That's always how I make Gas Masks.

Haha I used mine on pith hats. It's just a question you should ask yourself: Nettles or Gas Mask. I thought nettles were good enough but the timing with the rain is strict. 

42 minutes ago, axxel said:

Haha I used mine on pith hats. It's just a question you should ask yourself: Nettles or Gas Mask. I thought nettles were good enough but the timing with the rain is strict. 

You can also get cloth from Shop quite easily now (the chances are increased compared to before)

I’ve mostly played with Wig too, so I spend the whole season orbiting base, where I have a fan. If you also have a tam and pop that on whenever you’re near the fan, you can do a lot of shorter trips around the map with the gas mask.

I haven’t used them much, but don’t the nettle rolls stop hayfever for several days? The one longer run I did with Wicker was fine because of that.

Archived