Game Breaking Bug, Duplicate Mob Drops

I found this video today, the author managed to kill ancient guardian "infinitely" (there is another player heal AG using the new action queue mod) and get multiple loots.

According to his previous posts, this could happen to every mob except the new ones added in ANR update (this includes dragonfly, bee queen, toad, klaus and af, they can be killed more than once but wont drop a second loot). You can duplicate some valuable stuff with this bug like meat bulb, spider egg, walrus drops or some boss drop, he even had videos on the giant tentacles in cave. With this bug, you can craft a massive amount of houndius shootius at the end of first winter.

Also in this video he skipped Klaus phase 2 using the same method.

I am surprised that this bug is so simple yet no one found it in the past few years.

I remember the shroom skin bug that had been fixed a long time ago, how can you be so stupid, klei?

21 minutes ago, yisishoujo said:

how can you be so stupid, klei?

There is a bug report forum here were you can report exploits if you feel the need to report such things in the General Forums. Having said that, calling the devs stupid because of an exploit that you may have known about, but not everyone else may have known about, doesn't mean you just call someone stupid.

I have documented and reportedly many bugs before so that the devs can become aware of them to be fixed.

Otherwise, how else is one suppose to know about such things in their own game? The bugs that I do find either happen because of me experimenting for very long periods of time, or just pure chance.

26 minutes ago, yisishoujo said:

I found this video today

The fact that you yourself mentioned that you found this bug today also does not warrant such language, in my honest opinion.

Interesting bug. Most likely wasn't found out sooner because freezing-healing (boss-type creatures when they are under 10/50 hp margin, aka at that right time/moment is pretty hard without a HP meter - and most experienced players, the ones prone to find and report these bugs, play without such mods) -killing repeatedly mobs like that is a very experimentalist thing to do, maybe in creative mode (as shown in video) so... rather rhetorical any other comment, don't you think so?! But hey, again thank you for your public report, also you can be a lil less rude in future posts (why so aggressive?!) and do make use of DST Bug Tracker option (as others have stated above). Cheers!

This forum is sure full of fan boys. why i didn't post this in bug tracker, because i didn't intend to report a bug, i just want to complain this game is stupid. And its not me who find the bug i barely played this game in the past two years. Also i am actually kind mad at klei after i read their 2019 announcement, in the past years they started selling those ugly skins and now they are going to sell characters. To be honest, i don't think klei is capable of making some big changes, the new map might just be resprites of a lot of things.

2 minutes ago, yisishoujo said:

This forum is sure full of fan boys. why i didn't post this in bug tracker, because i didn't intend to report a bug, i just want to complain this game is stupid. And its not me who find the bug i barely played this game in the past two years. Also i am actually kind mad at klei after i read their 2019 announcement, in the past years they started selling those ugly skins and now they are going to sell characters. To be honest, i don't think klei is capable of making some big changes, the new map might just be resprites of a lot of things.

Oof. This thread is gonna get heated reeaaaal quick.

42 minutes ago, yisishoujo said:

why i didn't post this in bug tracker, because i didn't intend to report a bug, i just want to complain this game is stupid.

The way in which you conduct yourself will influence how people view your arguement. There's a difference between constructive criticism that can promote a change you want to see versus non-constructive arguements that leads nowhere.

38 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Also i am actually kind mad at klei after i read their 2019 announcement, in the past years they started selling those ugly skins and now they are going to sell characters. To be honest, i don't think klei is capable of making some big changes, the new map might just be resprites of a lot of things

Two things:

1)At no point in your original post did you mention anywhere your thoughts on skins or your thoughts  about future content. How am I supposed to know that if you don't mention it at all in the original post?

2)If you really wanted to publicly voice your concerns about future content, you could have posted what you just said in the "Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019" thread.

The devs are rather active on the forums and read just about everything. It about how you try to get your point across that matters.

1 hour ago, yisishoujo said:

I for one consider CS:GO a stupid game for a myriad of reasons and people that fall for Loot Boxes.. not too bright either. But I don't go on their forums and complain their game is trash and whatnot yet underlying I don't actually care and haven't played said game for years - see the irony?! Some people really enjoy exploits and bugs to the point they are regarded as features, and like playing trololol-fun games as Goat Simulator and similar. To each their own. No need raging at others if you don't like something they do or don't care enough to complain themselves - at best, being the Internet, you'll be ignored. Almost never do violently-expressed opinions on the web change mentalities even if backed by hard data - that's the nature of human interactions and psychology.

Again is good you pointed this bug, maybe will indeed be fixed (with rest of them problematic aspects of DST) in future, but in the end, as a rule-of-thumb for your mental well-being: hope for best yet expect the worst - then you'll never be disappointed, not even by our "fanboys" indifference ;)

51 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

You gotta wonder why anything but beefalos or pigs could even be healed by players. Heck beefalos don't even accept bare glands, just salve.

That will be the patch that will remove the option to...

THINK ( not know ) but the patch would be to be able unable to heal mobs except pigs, bunnymen and spiders

( because webber and it's really useless to mass-kill spider when you need one gland for one drop. )

2 hours ago, Hell-met said:

You gotta wonder why anything but beefalos or pigs could even be healed by players.

There are lots of reasons you might want to heal a mob. Barely any mobs have natural health regen, so it would be more difficult to use them for farms if all damage dealt to them was health permanently lost. I heal Bearger sometimes after he tussles with treeguards, for example.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

THINK ( not know ) but the patch would be to be able unable to heal mobs except pigs, bunnymen and spiders

That wouldn't fix anything, as this bug works for every single mob in the game. Most of them don't result in an infinite loop, the Guardian is a special case when it comes to the way he erodes, but you can still get 3-4x the loot from mobs like pigs and bunnymen.

6 hours ago, yisishoujo said:

So let me get this straight-
You wanted to report and complain about the existence of a bug, and how this makes the game worse.
But at the same time, do not want the developers to actually fix it by reporting it correctly, as if they did add that, that would go against your thought that "They never do any changes despite ANR, Forge/Gorge, Hamlet, and another huge content drop coming existing, along with them working on other games like ONI, Hot Lava, and Griftlands"

If you don't agree with Klei's marketing with purely cosmetic skins, you don't need to buy them. As I always say, the best way of voting is through your wallet. And if you did really read the announcement thoroughly, you would know that you'll actually be able to create the new characters without paying any additional pennies whatsoever, but that you can buy them to support the development of new content that is coming.

On a side note,

Your behavior is completely unprofessional. We're all adults here, we should all act like them. When someone says they don't agree with you, on your incredibly subjective thoughts, you just call them a fanboy, and this is just plain childish. We all have our own thoughts and opinions, there is no need for unprofessional behavior or rudeness. That kind of behavior is unacceptable.

To be fair, this is not intended to be a professional forum. It's a user forum not a workplace forum.

That being said, the OP's attitude and conduct is immature and inappropriate and accordingly, he and his message lose credibility.  OP, even if you had a valid point, I and many others have dismissed it.   

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

oh ok *leaves*

1 hour ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

To be fair, this is not intended to be a professional forum. It's a user forum not a workplace forum.

I'd just like to clarify-

I'm not trying to say the only users on this forum are 30-50 year old suits that sit around board meetings and water coolers discussing a game about rough survival in a land full of puns. If it was, then I'd need to see some graphs and charts on the matter ASAP, people. We're running a business here, for crying out loud.

What I mean is that we should all be able to respect each other and have a sense of professionalism in how we act towards others, and what we discuss. If you come onto a web forum completely bent around community thinking and feedback from anyone and everyone, and fling insults tied to a loaded and subjective matter at those that simply disagree with your behavior, then I think "unprofessional" is the nicest way to word it.

Archived