Drecko trap (Accidental)

I made a visco-gel vacuum door between my rocket silo and an outside room, then this happened.

Every drecko that got inĀ couldn't go out.

It's kind of useless, but I just thought it to be interesting how dreckos' pathfinding works.

dreckotrap.png

14 minutes ago, VitorF said:

It's kind of useless, but I just thought it to be interesting how dreckos' pathfinding works.

Isn't this how all critters react to liquids? I remember critters especially shine bugs would just fly/walk into water and die but they changed it in a very old patch so that they always avoid water and liquids like the plague.

1 minute ago, GiddyGuy said:

Isn't this how all critters react to liquids? I remember critters especially shine bugs would just fly/walk into water and die but they changed it in a very old patch so that they always avoid water and liquids like the plague.

Yes, hatches, morbs and other creatures won't walk over any liquid over 2 tiles high. The thing about this "trap" is that they manage to go in when circling the wall's edges, but can't get out afterwards.

5 hours ago, VitorF said:

he thing about this "trap" is that they manage to go in when circling the wall's edges, but can't get out afterwards.

Oh so that`s how my dreckos kept escaping through a visco lock. I kept wondering how it`s happening.

Archived