Space in 100 Cycles

I've been kicking around this idea for a challenge attempt at ONI, to get a rocket launched by cycle 100. I gave it a shot, and it was actually a pretty fun way to approach the game. Actually getting the infrastructure setup by CY100 is a nice challenge. The unfortunate thing is as far as I can tell, there's no way to get an astronaut by that time.

Spoiler

Cycle 122 Space Launch

I picked a dupe that had interests in research, supply, and operating and was able to rush them to Tenured Scientist in about 20 cycles. However, the courier track went agonizingly slow. As far as I can tell, mastery of Exosuit Engineering takes 50 cycles, even with the interest.

I've tried a few training setups, but over 3 cycles, they show 0 difference in mastery. Those included delivering to a container that was continuously unloaded by shipping, keeping a room of 12 kilns producing refined carbon, and delivering to a room full of new ladder construction. All of this was done while wearing an exosuit as well, though not sure that makes a difference.

Any thoughts on getting that exosuit mastery?

i think fastest way to get astronaut is with research interested dupe. get him/her to master science tree then learn exosuit tree. since they already got learning attribute from science tree it should be quite fast to master exosuit tree. bonus point if you pick dupe with high learning attribute at the start.

do you use any exploit to complete this challenge?

Wow Impressive 100 cycles rocket launched. I'm currently at 947 and nowhere near getting a space base setup due to lime bottleneck. < -- *cries*

I refuse to mine up fossils for lime unless it is in the way of building my base.

Research and Operate interest dupe for mastering exosuit mastery.

My guess -> He may have used the free sleet wheat way for food . Also by looking at the low algae it could be tamed pacu for fast egg shells.

17 hours ago, hackcasual said:

Any thoughts on getting that exosuit mastery?

Dupes get mastery faster when doing the job task. Scientists when researching, couriers when carrying stuff around. As mentioned above better go for science first for the learning stat then set the dupe to supply/storage only so he keeps running around. I`m not sure if using exosuits affects the mastery of the exosuit engineer though. Maybe you could set up an infinite sweep task in an enclosed room uisng auto sweepers so each day the dupe will just run there and constantly deliver stuff.

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Dupes get mastery faster when doing the job task. Scientists when researching, couriers when carrying stuff around. As mentioned above better go for science first for the learning stat then set the dupe to supply/storage only so he keeps running around. I`m not sure if using exosuits affects the mastery of the exosuit engineer though. Maybe you could set up an infinite sweep task in an enclosed room uisng auto sweepers so each day the dupe will just run there and constantly deliver stuff.

I don't think that's the case for the courier job track. I tried that and no change

55 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Just to gain some knowledge out of this challenge:

I would be really interested in your fastest time to reach a skilled astronaut.

(Dupe live time and ingame cycle would be interesting.)

121 cycles. I started with the dupe, since I wanted the 3 interests. Had the ship gassed up and ready to launch on C101. I'm sure with not too much more effort I could have the ship ready by 80.

Archived