Mant suit

18 minutes ago, Sopott said:

My mant suit seems to be going down in % as i'm wearing it, not as i get hit. When i put it in inventory it's back to 100%.Which is it?

Mant Suit is both a Clothing Item and an Armour which means it will lose its durability the more you wear it like a cloth does

but it will also lose durability when you take damage like Armour does.

its has Durability of 10 Days and 450 HP

On 8.01.2019 at 6:31 PM, MWY said:

Mant Suit is both a Clothing Item and an Armour which means it will lose its durability the more you wear it like a cloth does

but it will also lose durability when you take damage like Armour does.

its has Durability of 10 Days and 450 HP

Its not what they were asking about but ok 

@Sopott the durability showing 100 percent after you see it going down is a bug 

5 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Its not what they were asking about but ok 

@Sopott the durability showing 100 percent after you see it going down is a bug 

What MWY was saying was that mant suits have 2 separate durability meters. The one that shows up while wearing it is the clothing durability (which, as MWY said, is 10 days) and the one that shows up when un-equipping it is the armor durability, which MWY says is 450 HP. MWY was answering their question. This isn't a bug.

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

What MWY was saying was that mant suits have 2 separate durability meters. The one that shows up while wearing it is the clothing durability (which, as MWY said, is 10 days) and the one that shows up when un-equipping it is the armor durability, which MWY says is 450 HP. MWY was answering their question. This isn't a bug.

And what sense does it make to have durability and persih time at the same time? Yout cant possibly see the status of both at the same time

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

Which is why one shows up while wearing it and the other shows up when not.

whcih makes no sense, bc you usually want to know how much armor is left? you are saying that armor can break while wearing, and you wont be expecting this, bc the status shows perishable duration isntead of hp

Just now, Parusoid said:

whcih makes no sense, bc you usually want to know how much armor is left? you are saying that armor can break while wearing, and you wont be expecting this, bc the status shows perishable duration isntead of hp

I was stating the facts and correcting your mistake. The reasoning behind the Mant Suit's durability display mechanics is not something I know of.

1 minute ago, Parusoid said:

anyway update 298452 was attempting to fix this bug, but maybe something slip through and it still persist

its basically an item with 2 types of Durability.

one that gets lower as you wear it and the other that gets lower as you get damaged.

so obviously only one percentage can be shown at a time and that is done with clothing durability being shown once the suit is worn

and armour durability being shown when the item is in inventory 

3 minutes ago, MWY said:

the game currently does not have the ability to show two types of durability

on the item at the sametime so that is how they are dealing with it currently

Does it sound to you like something user-friendly? seeing 100% armor but it breaking bc the 'real' hp is not shown when getting hit? does it have other passive effect while wearing it?

Just now, Parusoid said:

Does it sound to you like something user-friendly?

Look I don't care if it is or not, I'm just explaining how its working.

maybe Klei will come up with something to display both durability at the sametime.

Just now, Roosev said:

Easy fix.

Give it the food overlay (shows spoilage via colours), keep the percentage for the durability.

that can work but food overlay (spoilage) is mostly used for items that spoil regardless of use or wear.

4 minutes ago, MWY said:

that can work but food overlay (spoilage) is mostly used for items that spoil regardless of use or wear.

If I recall correctly, the Ham Bat used to have both spoilage and the durability percentage back when it was still edible, so it's not like it wasn't done before.

6 minutes ago, Roosev said:

If I recall correctly, the Ham Bat used to have both spoilage and the durability percentage back when it was still edible, so it's not like it wasn't done before.

because the Ham Bat spoiled like a Food Item regardless of use. 

the Mant Suit does not spoil, it degrades when you wear it only like clothes in DS do but its an armour at the same time which does not.

Just now, MWY said:

because the Ham Bat it spoiled like a Food Item regardless of use. 

the Mant Suit does not spoil, it degrades when you wear it only like clothes in DS do but its an armour at the same time which does not.

Hmm, I see.

this will confuse a lot of people. Klei must really fix it.

make the Mant Suit spoil and have durability like armour

22 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

seeing 100% armor but it breaking bc the 'real' hp is not shown when getting hit? does it have other passive effect while wearing it?

Well the Mant Suit is required as a part of an disguise along with Mant Mask

wearing both passively  allows you to befriend mants and roam around them without any aggression from them

Warrior Mants will still aggro on you tho regardless of disguise

Similar to Spider Queen Hat except that it has two parts needed

That is why seeing how much time you have left to wear the suit is better then showing HP because your hardly gonna use it as armour.

8 hours ago, MWY said:

this will confuse a lot of people. Klei must really fix it.

make the Mant Suit spoil and have durability like armour

Well the Mant Suit is required as a part of an disguise along with Mant Mask

wearing both passively  allows you to befriend mants and roam around them without any aggression from them

Warrior Mants will still aggro on you tho regardless of disguise

Similar to Spider Queen Hat except that it has two parts needed

That is why seeing how much time you have left to wear the suit is better then showing HP because your hardly gonna use it as armour.

Imo having 2 durabilities  is a but much... I hope they can fix it cuz it pretty much kills the fun out up the idea that's also a way to repair your armor, which is an awesome feature. Ik chittin is also awe some for oincs but for real that it has both durabilities seems a bit unbalanced to me. 

Btw, don't assume people don't use it as armor cuz u don't. I do use it as armor and sometimes u are just wearing your mant helmet like any other helmet. You have it equipped and it's a shame the item gets so restrictive. 

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Imo having 2 durabilities  is a but much... I hope they can fix it cuz it pretty much kills the fun out up the idea that's also a way to repair your armor, which is an awesome feature. Ik chittin is also awe some for oincs but for real that it has both durabilities seems a bit unbalanced to me. 

Btw, don't assume people don't use it as armor cuz u don't. I do use it as armor and sometimes u are just wearing your mant helmet like any other helmet. You have it equipped and it's a shame the item gets so restrictive. 

its has only 450 Durability as an armour so I'm stating it from that point of view rather then my own,

(never used Mant Suit in game as of yet as not that important)

only Klei will decide what to do cause they came up with it in the first place so they will know how to make it better.

p.s Befriending Mants without Disguise:

Spoiler

Here is funny thing that happened with me,

you know how mants give off an warning when you get near them.

if you feed them monster meat when they are still talking and run right away.

you will befriend them (befriend music plays) and they will follow you.

they will obey your commands and do everything a friendly mant does.

but they will continue to give you warnings when you are near them as they follow you around

and if you get close enough they will aggro on you right away and lose alliance.

Archived