when does a dupe start producing "decent" artwork? +rant

so i made my highest creativity dupe do a number of paintings just to train him to be able to produce non Crude artwork. so far he has done over 70 paintings "i didnt count but the last patch 22" and he is still the crudest little dupe i have ever seen. note that he has +8 creativity total value. he was 5 when i started this new save file and i picked him particularly because i wanted an artist....

i never had a problem with training dupes to produce decent artwork before... did anything change in the current update? and is there more efficient way to train creativity??20181224155022_1.thumb.jpg.06e1793939e08fcffecc39d8a64ee73d.jpg

22 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

As of the most recent update, art quality is tied to job and creativity now only effects speed of creating art.

so because he is only an art student he cant produce better art? thnx for telling me that i made the sad dupe build paintings non-stop for like 50 cycles..... LOL thinking about it now makes me laugh real hard :p i probably made him build around 150 paintings so far HAHA

10 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

training takes time, best to keep everything at tier 1 art early and don't promote any dupes past tier 2 jobs until you promote your artist

yeah i noticed he only got +2 creativity so far. it took so much time..

4 minutes ago, 7amzakamel said:

so because he is only an art student he cant produce better art? thnx for telling me that i made the sad dupe build paintings non-stop for like 50 cycles..... LOL thinking about it now makes me laugh real hard :p i probably made him build around 150 paintings so far HAHA

Lol. I've done the same before noticing that a) is tied with tier and b) when you set him up to some job he does not need to do that particular job to get upgreded. He can mop a floor whole day and still get bonus to job % 

2 minutes ago, ONIfreak said:

Lol. I've done the same before noticing that a) is tied with tier and b) when you set him up to some job he does not need to do that particular job to get upgreded. He can mop a floor whole day and still get bonus to job % 

im really bad at keeping up with the updates. FeelsBadMan

Not only do you have to have a full Artist (for mediocre work) or Master Artist (for masterpiece work) [Although there are some nice mediocre small sculptures (the crescent moon is nice) and some of the big paintings are pretty too];

BUT

I've encountered what I believe to be a bug.  

I covered my base with paintings, using up a LOT of fiber, and then when the artist was sufficiently trained, I went to deconstruct them all to rebuild them.  The paintings were deconstructed, and *appeared* to drop the fiber back.  But when I went to make more paintings, the fibers didn't count and disappeared as soon as the dupes tried to move them into storage.

32 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

But when I went to make more paintings, the fibers didn't count and disappeared as soon as the dupes tried to move them into storage.

Yeah i noticed this as well but i think it is feature, cause when i deconstruct unpainted painting it gave me back fiber (i'm like 90% sure there was alot of going on and didn't test it since).

I always train on sculptures and now with more plants ( especially aero which gives 100% decor) i use more pots and some paintings

Archived