DST World save files

So I recently got a new computer, and DST works flawlessly, yet I can't seem to transfer my save file, I copied and put my entire dst folder on a usb stick and transferred it all over to my new computer, yet it doesn't appear there. I really don't want to start over, we're now pretty far in. Any help is appreciated!

What is the DST Folder you saved? was it the DoNotStarveTogether Folder, or the Cluster# inside it, Or the Steam DST folder? 

If...

It was the DoNotStarveTogether folder, Delete everything inside C:\Users\PC\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether, and add the stuff from inside your DoNotStarveTogether folder. If it was the cluster#, paste them inside the DoNotStarveTogether folder. overwrite. If it was the steam folder, then uh, your saves aren't there. 
Sorry pal.

2 hours ago, kaifu24 said:

I found the DoNotStarveTogether file on my old system, where do I put it now?

EDIT: There is no such thing as " C:\Users\PC\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether" on my system

Because Users/PC isn't a thing. Just open your file browser, and go to documents.

don't use absolute paths when telling people where to find something, since their system is not always the same as yours
their username can be different, they could be using a drive letter other than C, or they could even be using a different OS

Windows:
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\

Linux:
~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

Mac:
~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

copy to the address bar to the file explorer you use and it should take you there

also you don't need to copy your entire DST install folder, the saves aren't there and steam workshop mods automatically get downloaded without your having to move anything

if you have mods that you didn't get from the workshop, however, then you just need to copy the 'mods' folder from it

1 hour ago, JohnWatson said:

don't use absolute paths when telling people where to find something, since their system is not always the same as yours
their username can be different, they could be using a drive letter other than C, or they could even be using a different OS

Windows:
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\

Linux:
~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

Mac:
~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

copy to the address bar to the file explorer you use and it should take you there

also you don't need to copy your entire DST install folder, the saves aren't there and steam workshop mods automatically get downloaded without your having to move anything

if you have mods that you didn't get from the workshop, however, then you just need to copy the 'mods' folder from it

Found the file on my old system, copied it onto an usb, can't find " Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ " on my new system, nothing of the sort.

Archived