Bad Geyser?

Not really.

This geyser have a very short eruption period, but a somewhat standard active period, so the difference was transfered into the amount emitted each second. ;)

I just checked with one of the geyser in my game. It emits a total of 81 236 544 g during an active period.

The one you show here emits a total of 80 947 358.5 g.

Has you can see, it even a bit worse than mine :p

Lol, I think the problem with this particular geyser is the pressure limit. Assuming you could immediately evacuate *all* the steam it was producing, you'd get 100% production. The ratio of time eruption time makes sure this isn't imbalanced; however, this is practically impossible. It would take 40 gas pumps working nonstop to keep the area free for uninterrupted eruptions. Assuming that you *don't* have 40 gas pumps running, even in a vacuum the steam can only move out of the way so fast. The geyser would spend quite a bit of time "over-pressure", leading to much lost production. I'd definitely consider this geyser "broken"... because it will never deliver the amount of resources it's supposed to.

Well in theory if you manage to cool the water fast enough for it to instantly condense you could get the maximum efficiency. If you got realtively cold water (like from a cool sluch geyser) you could run it through radiant pipes behind the geyser. This should condense the water fast enough. Liquid can easily go up to 1000kg per tile and should fall fast enough not to block the geyser.

Maybe wheezworts above metal tiles (from my exp cold goes down faster then up - or is it just me?) will be able to cool it down fast enough to get water straight away? You would need quite alot of really cool liquid ( or even better solid) to cool it down fast enough. But when you get big pool of cold water that will be easier. Really unlucky geyser though. 

Archived