Jump to content

Another way to get rid slimelung from slime


Recommended Posts

Hi.

I decided to make this post as a quick tip in case someone has problem with slimelung. 

Just build storage conpactor from wolformite in cold biome and store all slimelung there - it dies at -20. Wolformite will already has -20 temp whe dug out from that biome so slime will die almost instantly. After slime dies move slimelung where you want it. It is soo easy that it is almost an exploit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Slimelung on stored slime is a spook. If you have properly set up deodorizers, the tiny puffs from dropped slime will not have time to infect anything.

All the risk of slimelung comes from un-deodorized areas outside base.

When you dig slime it already has slimelung on it. This one you can get rid like that.20181222_122712.thumb.jpg.50d7e724cb92b8998164fb5d925291cf.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ONIfreak said:

When ypu dig sline it already has slimelung on it. This one you can get rid like that.

Yeah, but it's only relevant when it's not stored underwater.

Also, use F12 for screenshots. Taking photos of the screen is in most cases a grand display of technical ineptitude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Coolthulhu said:

Yeah, but it's only relevant when it's not stored underwater.

Also, use F12 for screenshots. Taking photos of the screen is in most cases a grand display of technical ineptitude.

Or using two devices one for game one for forum ;) i will add proper screenshot later on. It is just an idea to clean sliemlung which i found the easiest to implement. I know when i started the game i had some troubles get rid of slimelung. I never tested if slime with slimelung used to fertilise mushrooms will infect them - this way i don't need to worry about it. Of course if you already found better way just ignore this post or please share it maybe i will learn something new

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the way i deal with slimelung is simply with storage compactor underwater to collect slime with high priority. i never bother to use deodorizer even when my dupes don't have atmo suit yet, as long as  dupes collect slime quickly it wont offgas much. dupes will infected by a bit of germs but their antibody can handle it and its been a really long time since any of my dupes got slimelung.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I build a small room with a water lock and 1800 gas pressure of chlorine to house my slime containers. 

No off-gassing and germs die in under a cycle.  Just build a small room and drop in a few pieces of bleachstone.

I've watched pieces of slime with 30-40 million germs be decontaminated within a couple of (real-time) minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Soulwind said:

I build a small room with a water lock and 1800 gas pressure of chlorine to house my slime containers. 

No off-gassing and germs die in under a cycle.  Just build a small room and drop in a few pieces of bleachstone.

I've watched pieces of slime with 30-40 million germs be decontaminated within a couple of (real-time) minutes.

Chlorine is actually the fastest and easiest way. The Chlorine does not even get consumed by it. Takes one cycle if I remember the tool-tip correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Chlorine is actually the fastest and easiest way. The Chlorine does not even get consumed by it. Takes one cycle if I remember the tool-tip correctly.

Yes that is correct. I just foubd posts about removing germs using chlorine. I tend to overlook this gas for sone reason. I think i dropped it to "useless junk" chest in my mind and i get rid of it since. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...