Bridge output priority

Hi everyone,

In the past few updates, starting after the space industry upgrade, I had some troubles with the bridge output priority.

Before that point, an external pipe going through a bridge's output always had priority over what was coming through the bridge itself.

Recently, it was sometimes this behavior, sometimes the opposite, occuring in a random, inconsistent pattern, not fixed by reloading, reconstructing bridges or pipes, just plain and simply random. And since the last two hotfixes, the behavior is now almost always the opposite of the standard one (liquid coming through the bridge has priority over everything else.

Did I miss something, or once again my game has some weird stuff happening with bridges ?

Thanks

P.S. : No issues at all with the input of a bridge, liquid always goes through the bridge if possible.

26 minutes ago, qda said:

Recently, it was sometimes this behavior, sometimes the opposite, occuring in a random, inconsistent pattern, not fixed by reloading, reconstructing bridges or pipes, just plain and simply random.

I had one game where I saw something like this. This was in the most recent release copy of the game. Ultimately I abandoned that base and have not seen it sense. 

Post screenshot

I've seen bridge get a higher priority in cases that look like this:

• The consumer consumes only part of the packet - ie. it doesn't empty the pipe segment
  • The bridge refills the packet under its output
  • The "priority pipe" (one that goes through bridge's output) wants to push a liquid different from the one that the entire line from bridge to consumer is uniformly filled in with
  • The "priority pipe" doesn't get to push its own packets because the packets themselves never truly move, only push mass forward

The simplest workaround is using a part that only moves whole packets. Filter does it and I think shutoff does too. This will force the packets to move and thus prevent the refill.

Archived