drecko will not pass

10 hours ago, augustinoi said:

Now just need to think and how to hold flying bugs.

Build critter lure? Not sure how its working now (was not using for a while) but it pretty much guaranteed that bugs would stay near it in the previous updates

2 hours ago, rafker said:

Build critter lure? Not sure how its working now (was not using for a while) but it pretty much guaranteed that bugs would stay near it in the previous updates

actually this need plastic, i need something to hold then until that.

Pneumatic doors work well for all types of critters even flyers as long as there`s no task that makes a dupe stand in the door (like delivering dirt to mealwood 2 tiles from the door) or a dupe doesn`t decide to take a nap in the door.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

As portas pneumáticas funcionam bem para todos os tipos de bichos, mesmo que não exista uma tarefa que faça um atrapalhar na porta (como a entrega de sujeira para a fava 2 ladrilhos da porta) ou um bobo não decide tirar uma soneca na porta.

I still do not know how you're thinking, if you have a print I'll be grateful. (I tested everything I could think of) for me to put a door on the floor line or in the corner will fail at short notice.5c0d4489b3736_CapturadeTela(112).thumb.png.68bf3c8f96c972170879dbfa94900b5b.png

anyway I can still attract shines with the potted plants and the lamp

5c0d44cc549d3_CapturadeTela(111).thumb.png.659acd2b1c75de234b713c0c6f5dae12.png

A two deep water lock will hold dreckos.  Not ideal for dupes since they are wet after, but since my ranches are generally outside my base, they use atmosuits and I'd rather fill their pens with hydrogen/carbon dioxide one time and never need to think about it again.

Before that point though I literally just let the drecko crawl all over my base and wrangled them when they escaped through my carbon dioxide locks.  Not ideal obviously but I was able to get enough plastic from them despite this.  Might've helped that my mealwood and bristle berry farms for my dupes were literally one tile away from their pen, so most didn't want to travel that far.  I just converted my usual T shape water/carbon dioxide lock into this.

5c0f24893f0df_Dreckopathing.thumb.png.a209b662a4577a87245bf05130bc8c94.png

Just now, Sasza22 said:

Are you sure. I think i had one walk through in my older game. The visco gel was on the floor level (no fancy setup just straight there) and i had to make an extra door to keep the drecko from escaping.

did a quick test in a 3 tile high room, had 100kg visco-gel from ceiling to floor

the drecko couldn't pass

Here's a pic showing the drecko navigation path

20181211085553_1.thumb.jpg.fb5338a85aa45df7b86db134009b759a.jpg

Archived