• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Spear made of gold, more durable and sharper than the one made with flint.

36 damage

300 uses

4 twigs, 1 rope, 2 gold

What's New in Version 1.1.1   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Awesome, we have a mod that gives a wewapon in between tentacle spike and dark sword

and now we have a mod for inbetween spear and tentacle spike :D

• Like 3

nice mod, but i changed it to also need one rope, just so it feels more expensive because i always have way too much gold nuggets anyway.

nice mod, but i changed it to also need one rope, just so it feels more expensive because i always have way too much gold nuggets anyway.

I forgot to add rope...

I think the rope should be added as well.

I was looking at the differences between the flint tools and their golden counterparts. There is no increase in damage (the axe is a negligible increase). Also, more durable than flint means a 4x increase in uses.

If your golden spear was to be balanced using vanilla rules, it would have 34 damage (35 is ok though) and 600 uses.

I've thought there should be a gold spear for awhile now. Thank you for writing this up.

I love this mod because I often wonder: "Why there are not more of these golden tools =/ ? This is some kind of solution ;)    "Fear of my spear,piggeh! It's very sharp and....huh? So,very SHINY!" - Wolfgang

• Like 1

Got a question for you!  @_Q_

I see that in the files, it says spear damage = 35

but, shouldn't the damage be "wilson_attack*wathever you want?"

like for exemple a regular spear is wilson_attack, and a spike is Wilson_attack*1.5

so, i guess for it to be in the middle it should be Wilson_attack*1.25?

because the way i see it, this means that whoever uses the spear it will always do the same amount of damage

But, i'm a newb at modding so, i'm probably not even knowing what i'm talking about lol

edit: why doesn't my post tags you?

I think you should put this on the workshop, I'm constantly worrying about my flint supplies. :razz:

How can you worry about flint? i always have over 10 stacks of flint and now i never bother picking any flint at all...

Even when starting a new game, i'll pick like 2-3 stacks and never bother picking more again.

Really fantastic!By the way ,which version of textool do u use to generate the .tex file? I used 1.3 but can not be shown in the 22th version game...

Hello, first it's a very good mod.
But I think it could be improved, for example the golden spear has only more uses and the sharpened spear does more damages. I tried to respect the mechanics of craft.
Golden Spear: uses 250 damages 34 - craft with 4 twigs, 2 rope and 2 gold
Sharpened Spear: uses 150 damages 45 - craft with 4 twigs, 2 rope and 2
hound's tooth
What do you think ?

Small but solid mod, following the pattern of default tools created with twigs and and flints that upgrade into golden version. I also edited the mod to require 4 twigs, 1 rope, and 2 gold to follow the pattern of original golden tools that requires 4 twigs and 2 gold always (golden axe, golden pickaxe, golden shovel).

whats the use of flint? you have gold already right? the spear uses flint because the flint the tip of the spear... should it be only gold cause the gold is now the tip...

300 uses is to many though, its like making 2 or 3 of these and you can fight forever, ahaha maybe you should remove the flint and just add lumber or twig or better...

you can upgrade your normal spear to this gold spear. by adding 2-3 golds, 1 rope, and maybe twigs