• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

3 Screenshots

About This File

Tired picking grass by clicking on one tuft at a time? Tired of holding the space bar for no end chopping wood whenever you want to build some wooden flooring for your base? Then this mod is for you!

This mod allows you to queue a sequence of actions by holding SHIFT and dragging the mouse, forming a selection box enclosing all your targets. This allows you to automate the process of picking, harvesting, chopping, digging, shaving Beefalo and many more repetitive tasks, by simply selecting all your targets and then sitting back (offensive actions such as attacking are not performed, to avoid... accidents).

To use this mod, hold SHIFT, press a mouse button and drag the selection box, releasing the mouse button when you're done selecting. You may use either the left or right mouse buttons: only the actions normally performed by that button are executed in each case (excluding some actions, like attacking, as mentioned before). If you simply click an entity while SHIFT is held, that entity will be toggled from the selection (included if it weren't, removed if it were). To cancel a series of tasks, simply click anywhere on the ground or press any movement key (but managing your inventory will not cancel the queue).

When you perform a selection, the queued actions are those of the tool you have equipped, if any, as well as "inherent" ones which do not depend on tools (such as picking grass). If you have a selected item (as is done for razors, when shaving Beefalo), only the actions corresponding to this item will be performed, granting you a finer grained selection of what should be performed.

When using a right click selection, no objects will be picked up from the ground. Left click selection will also not pick up tooth traps, armed bee mines and untriggered (rabbit) traps.

What's New in Version 1.1.3   See changelog

Released

• Right click selection no longer picks up objects.
  • Left click selection no longer picks up tooth traps, armed bee mines and untriggered (rabbit) traps.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Does this include crafting items?

No, batch crafting would be something very different :razz:.

Please don't use this mode to shave beefalos in heat. It can give a very... Dangerous situation.

Anyway, this mod is great. Gonna try it soon.

My Version is Rev.100947, when i go to Mods tab ingame, it say : " Crashed on last start, automaticalyy dissabled"  :(

• Potato Cup 1

No, batch crafting would be something very different :razz:.

Now that's a shame. This mod lacks the exact thing it needs to have me sold.

Nice work. Is it possible for you to add the feature to the mod that when the player issues another action (not dragging the box) while holding shift, it adds to the queue rather than makes a new one?

My Version is Rev.100947, when i go to Mods tab ingame, it say : " Crashed on last start, automaticalyy dissabled"  :(

Revision 100947 makes any mod crash the game when generating a new world (including a new cave). That's why a hotfix for it was released, you should update your game.

Nice work. Is it possible for you to add the feature to the mod that when the player issues another action (not dragging the box) while holding shift, it adds to the queue rather than makes a new one?

Sure, good idea. I'll add that to the next mod update.

Can I plant trees and stuff using this? Please tell me yes! Please.

I could not. Be great if it did, but still a useful mod! Thx

Can I plant trees and stuff using this? Please tell me yes! Please.

I could not. Be great if it did, but still a useful mod! Thx

No, since it selects entities. How did you imagine this, should objects be deployed along an evenly spaced grid? Or should they just be queued by selecting their deployment position individually?

What I'm thinking about implementing (and which I did implement in the mod this one is based on, called Automaton, which was the first DS mod I ever wrote, but which I never released :razz:) is make trees be automatically replanted when you use the selection to dig up stumps, provided you have pinecones in your inventory. But I'm not sure how useful that would be.

• Like 1

I was thinking of a grid. Mark out an area with pinecones in hand, say 20, once you have an area marked that will hold the 20 trees, the selection box would turn green, left click and watch Wilson plant them.

When I plant things, I like them to be as close as possible to each other to save space and make it easier to harvest. There's an architectural mod that allows it, but it's more geared to making straight lines. A combination of both would be great. Auto planting in straight lines and packed as close together as possible.

But I'd be happy for an auto planting regardless how it looks.

The Automaton sounds very useful, why didn't you release it?   

I was thinking of a grid. Mark out an area with pinecones in hand, say 20, once you have an area marked that will hold the 20 trees, the selection box would turn green, left click and watch Wilson plant them.

I'll see about implementing something along these lines in a future update. It'll probably take a while though, since my focus is U&A.

The Automaton sounds very useful, why didn't you release it?

Because I never made a GUI for it. It worked as a set of console commands (chop all trees in this radius, pick all items in that radius, etc.).

Awesome... whenever you get the chance to work on it. I'll be enjoying as it is until then.

I'd like to check out the Automaton if you ever get around to adding a GUI to it.

What I'm thinking about implementing (and which I did implement in the mod this one is based on, called Automaton, which was the first DS mod I ever wrote, but which I never released :razz:) is make trees be automatically replanted when you use the selection to dig up stumps, provided you have pinecones in your inventory. But I'm not sure how useful that would be.

Quite useful. Although a method to dig the stumps up and not plant pinecones alongside it would be good.

Quite useful. Although a method to dig the stumps up and not plant pinecones alongside it would be good.

That's the main problem. I'd either have to add more and more hotkeys, or set it as a mod configuration option, but then the player would have to Save & Quit to go to the mods screen and change the option... not very viable.

Or just not have pinecone in your inventory. That's what I was thinking yesterday when you mentioned it. That it would be inconvenient... oh wait, I could drop those pinecones first. It might take me a few times to remember to drop them but I'd get it eventually.

Hi Simplex, yours Mod work perfect, but with the my Game ver 102535, the game will crash when i feed the Pig, just 2-5 meat with some pig then the game crash.

I test with all the mods, but when i copy this mod to folder Mods the game will crash when feed something to Pig.

Hope you fix it soon, cause your mod is awesome :-)

Here is some information:

WARNING!

.../data/scripts/components/edible.lua:63: attempt to index local 'eater' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

.../data/scripts/components/edible.lua(63,1) in function 'GetHealth'

..../data/scipts/perfabs/pigman.lua(134,1) in fuction 'oneatfn'

.../data/scripts/components/eater.lua(128,1)=(tail call) ?

.../data/scripts/bufferedaction.lua(19,1) in function 'Do'

Hi Simplex, yours Mod work perfect, but with the my Game ver 102535, the game will crash when i feed the Pig, just 2-5 meat with some pig then the game crash.

I test with all the mods, but when i copy this mod to folder Mods the game will crash when feed something to Pig.

Hope you fix it soon, cause your mod is awesome :-)

Here is some information:

This crash is not related to the mod, it's a bug in the base game. You can find reports of it in the bug tracker under the title "Crash when feeding pigs" or similar.

• Like 1

@skunlii... update your game. The newest version is 102572. It fixed the mod compatibility at world gen and feeding crash. 

• Like 2

@skunlii... update your game. The newest version is 102572. It fixed the mod compatibility at world gen and feeding crash.

Oh yes, that particular bug was fixed in the last hotfix.

• Like 1

Oh yes, that particular bug was fixed in the last hotfix.

Thank a lot.  Mod work perfect withe new version 102572   :-)