• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Waverly the Bewitched 1.1

3 Screenshots

About This File

Deep in the Marshs of this strange land lives a witch called Waverly. There are some mysteries about here you might want to lift.

This mod introduces:

-A new form of a tree that is unique in the whole world and will only be spawned in Survival Mode.

-A new character, Waverly, who is a close friend to said tree and needs to be unlocked first.

-A new system of magic which will allow you to equip different spells to a wand. Resources for that have to be found first.

-A current total of 21 different spells ranging from aggressive to simply funny.

A short "How-To":

Somewhere in the marshes (yes "somewhere", that means you have to find it first, on your one, no shortcuts) of a Don't Starve world you can find the cozy place of Waverly, the arguably most friendly witch you will meet in Don't Starve. She has a small rundown house, a few ponds with lovely frogs dancing around for her and a big tree that is just to curious about visitors. Problem is, Waverly is really shy so she won't leave her house when you're close unless you make her. Above all Waverly loves this tree that was earlier mentioned *hint hint*

Waverly:

Waverly is a subpar insane personality. She has basically no mutual interest with anyone else. Willow loves picking flowers, she hates it. Wilson really enjoys building new stuff, she hates. Woodie doesn't like to be around those old smelly petals, but Waverly feels rather good with them. And all of our firends hate all these monsters, spiders hissing in their strange ways, hounds barking like there was something to gain from it... but even though they all want to kill her, Waverly loves them... in her own way. Her love for spiders, hounds and merms grew so strong that she locked herself up in her basement for three straight days to do some "research". Today she is a proud owner of the only piece of wood that can summon creatures to her help, at a small expense of some health. And every now and then this lousy fellow Maxwell decides to put her 200 yards away from her doorstep and talk silly things... she's not impressed.

Note: Due to the fact that ALL functionality of this mod is strongly dependent on worldgeneration it is not possible to experience it on an existing save without using the Console.

Another Note: If you encounter any bug, crash or something doesn't work as expected please report in the dedicated discussion thread. thx

Visit us on the forums if you fancy that:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/28216-halloween-challenge-mod-collab-waverly-the-bewitched/

We appreciate any feedback ^^

The Mod Team

Idea and Collab Founding:

KidneyBeanBoy

Writer:

KidneyBeanBoy

Artwork:

ElAguilar

-Character Design and Atlas

Irontaco

-Weeping Willow Design, Atlas and Animation

Woscar the Impaler

-Spelltome Design and Artwork

-Weeping Willow Loot Design and Atlas

Monika Gill

-Magic Items Design and Artwork

Testing:

Craig_Perry

Coding:

Malacath

Sound:

Malacath

Big Shout-out to everyone who helped out with fixes, ideas or code:

Cheerio

Lawrence

Nycidian

Tikara the Mew

Huge Thanks to everyone who submitted spell ideas:

LibertyOfTheAether

TheOnlyOne

Lawrence

TeoSS69

DragonBoy36

Blewcheese

Cacahuatoforo

Nycidian

Biggest thanks to Klei for creating an awesome game and being so supportive towards modding

And thank You for playing ;)

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

• -added visual feedback for cooldown on waverlys familiar in the form of %
  • -fixed animations which were all jacked up for some reason
  • -fixed a bug where you could fight waverly multiple times

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So, how exactly does the spellbook system work? no matter what key i press, nothing comes up, or is it a craftable item in its own tab?

So, how exactly does the spellbook system work? no matter what key i press, nothing comes up, or is it a craftable item in its own tab?

Look in the "Magic" crafting tab. There is the spelltome you'll need to craft. But you can only craft a single one (unless you're Waverly) so be sure you don't put it in the wilderness.

And also, I believe you won't have the possibility to cut down the tree as Waverly, she loves it just to much  : P

Look in the "Magic" crafting tab. There is the spelltome you'll need to craft. But you can only craft a single one (unless you're Waverly) so be sure you don't put it in the wilderness.

And also, I believe you won't have the possibility to cut down the tree as Waverly, she loves it just to much  : P

Well, right now i need to find waverly's tree, and possibly setup base around there, i wish i would've seen this sooner, i spent the entirety of the first 7 days gathering materials for a alchemy machine and prestihatitator, and no crockpots :/, buuuttt i did burn down an entire forest last night, so charcoal wont be a problem >: )

Quick question, does the weeping willow spawn in adventure mode? it would make waverly a good candidate for adventure mode

Quick question, does the weeping willow spawn in adventure mode? it would make waverly a good candidate for adventure mode

Uhhh, I tried to not have it spawn in Adventure Mode because I felt that messing with worldgen there was to risky. So I hope it doesn't spawn there, but if you ever see it summon me so I can fix it.

Waverly has Wilson Picture(in characters selection). Please Fix It
That's because nobody got around to it.
The mod works almost but when i try to highlight the tree it doesnt highlight it so i cant chop it or anything
That was a bug with the anim compiler. It's fixable now, though since this is a 6 month-old-mod, you can't really expect it to be fixed. Though if you press the space bar, or move your mouse around the area until you find it's hitbox (It's there, but small)

umm theres a glitch that wont let me make the spells i have all the materials and stuff and it still says not enough

Hey I was wondering ... over @ steam there ist a fairly updated version of this mod and I was wondering, why nobody updated it at klei (especially for the standalone version players).
Would be awesome if someone would care to update ... if it isn't too much trouble :-D

Hey I was wondering ... over @ steam there ist a fairly updated version of this mod and I was wondering, why nobody updated it at klei (especially for the standalone version players).

Would be awesome if someone would care to update ... if it isn't too much trouble :grin:

That's up to the mod author to do it here besides only Steam. 

Hey guys, I got some problems here.

I found this tree some days ago, but there was no house around it. I thought that doesn't matter and just continued playing.

After dying I started a new game, found the tree and the house, all seemed working correctly. But when I went to the caves (in spring) I got crash just after a loading screen.Screenshot_6831169_14417966.png

upd

I disabled the mod and a creepy thing happened next. I woke up in the caves and chester ran away from me with all my instruments to the batiliscs' territory, just like there was someone else with another eyebone... Batiliscs were so many, I decided to return in my base and prepare a little better. But when I escaped the caves another chester came to me somwhere from the north. He was empty. Then I went into the caves and back twice and this thing didn't happen again.