[HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE] (Mod Collab) Waverly, the bewitched

Ever wanted to magically do magic don't starve while a crazy witch attacks your for destroying her eye-tree? Well now you can! Because this mod adds:

-A mysterious tree that has eyes.

- A hysterical witch with the magic of magic.... and insanity.

-A spell system adding new conveniences and drawbacks.

Images!

4Tvp9.jpg

Waverly.png

The credits! (Put in a spoiler because they're long)

The Mod Team

Idea and Collab Founding:

KidneyBeanBoy

Writer: KidneyBeanBoy

Artwork:

ElAguilar

-Character Design and Atlas

Irontaco

-Weeping Willow Design, Atlas and Animation -Weeping Willow Loot Design and Atlas

Woscar the Impaler

-Spelltome Design and Artwork

soul

-Magic Items Design and Artwork

Testing:

Craig_Perry

Coding:

Malacath

Sound:

Malacath

Big Shout-out to everyone who helped fix numerous issues and/or helped out with code:

Cheerio

Lawrence

Nycidian

Huge Thanks to everyone who submitted spell ideas:

LibertyOfTheAether

TheOnlyOne

Lawrence

TeoSS69

DragonBoy36

Blewcheese

Cacahuatoforo

Nycidian

Yeah. I thought that the creepypasta mod idea would kinda suck, so I edited the OP. All I need now is for a mod to change the title. (Idk y I can't do that myself)

Don't listen to him, he's a massive troll who likes making people feel bad.  I personally like this idea.

Don't listen to him, he's a massive troll who likes making people feel bad. I personally like this idea.

The Waverly thing? Or the idea before that? The post he was replying to was before I tossed out the creepypasta idea and came up with waverly. (The creepypasta thing was pretty horrible)

The Waverly thing? Or the idea before that? The post he was replying to was before I tossed out the creepypasta idea and came up with waverly. (The creepypasta thing was pretty horrible)

I didn't read the creepypasta thing, the waverly idea was cool.

Stuff this affects:

-sanity affecting foods (+ if - for other characters, vice versa)

-loses ten sanity per minute near butterflies and flowers

- loses 15 sanity a minute to piggyfriends

-gains ten sanity from darkness and rain.

-gains 15 sanity a minute from hounds, spidies, and any other monster mob.

-gains 20 sanity from gravedigging and loses 5 sanity to scienceing

Question 'bout that: I could also just revert any sanitychange overall, after that we can still finetune some values but it would make sure that we don't miss anything. Would that be fine?

Question 'bout that: I could also just revert any sanitychange overall, after that we can still finetune some values but it would make sure that we don't miss anything. Would that be fine?

Sounds good. But I think a few fine-tunings would be needed, just to keep the game from being broken, and Waverly to still be challenging, sanity-wise.

Hallucinations would still emit an insanity aura-to keep Waverly from being immune to the worst part of insanity.

I'm not so sure if food-based sanity items should be reversed. Waverly needs more methods of sanity gain.

Passive santy loss would triple in the day, but you would gain +10 sanity every time it turns dusk or midnight, and return to a -1 a minute sanity loss.

(This might be a bit OP, and playtests would be needed to balance it.)

Needs unavoidable insanity auras-If butterflies and flowers and such don't have an insanity aura, Waverly could just ignore them.

Needs some sort of reliable sanity gain-We could do that with her witch hat, but it would need to drain health, just to be fair.

Needs more crazymaking objects-Bunnies and beefalo maybe.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure if this will make her gain sanity through normal play, or lose sanity through normal play.

Edit: I feel kinda guilty for dumping all this work on a single person... I really need to get another coder to help out.

sounds good. Is 90hp a fair health investment, if you get your health back when your ally dies?

Really  o.0  90 HP per follower? That basically means you'll want to kill a spider immediately. I'd say dependent on what mob you get you'll have a different penalty. And that's what I'm going to implement, all with TUNING variables so you'll have easy acces of course  ; )

@KidneyBeanBoy Here's what I got so far. If you have a DropBox account it'd probably be helpful to share a folder so we can interact a bit easier. Anyways, look at the mod so far and tell me what you think, despite the fact that it desperately needs artwork  ; )

(I haven't looked at the coding yet, i'm using my mom's Mac at her elementary school.)

Yeah, i haven't gotten any artists yet, besides lord_battal. Do you know anyone personally that can draw a witch?

Oh, and hopefully you haven't done this yet (I'm dreadfully sorry if you did), but I was thinking of undoing the whole Waverly-only insanity aura for flowers and such.

Instead, she would just lose sanity at the rate of a evil flower aura. The good=bad thing, since the insanity loss thing is upped, you can just do the original thing, making the normally insanity-aura'd mobs for other characters sanity-aura'd for Waverly and sanity raising things sanity draining things for her as well. (Minus the hallucinations, there is a valid reason for them to stay evil)

I am so sorry if you already went through the codes for that already.

Also, the summon abilites/deficiences and quotes!

Spider: Faster, falls asleep at dusk

Spider quote: "You shall crawl upon my enemies!"

Hound: Weak, but sets things on fire.

Hound quote: "I bewitched it with a pyromanic curse."

Merm: No sanity boost, but super powerful and can chop down trees.

Merm quote: "Sonny, close your piehole!"

(I haven't looked at the coding yet, i'm using my mom's Mac at her elementary school.)

Yeah, i haven't gotten any artists yet, besides lord_battal. Do you know anyone personally that can draw a witch?

Oh, and hopefully you haven't done this yet (I'm dreadfully sorry if you did), but I was thinking of undoing the whole Waverly-only insanity aura for flowers and such.

Instead, she would just lose sanity at the rate of a evil flower aura. The good=bad thing, since the insanity loss thing is upped, you can just negativitize the normal stuffs. (Minus the hallucinations, there is a valid reason for them to stay evil)

I am so sorry if you already went through the codes for that already.

Sorry I don't know anyone who can do the artwork and has the time to do it.

Concerning the sanity stuff I haven't done a lot yet. Just all sanitydeltas are switched in sign, so reverting the hallucinations needs to be done.

I have done the narcolepsy as you call it and the wand. I just don't have the time to really test it for big errors, but every problem I found is fixed at least   ; )

Archived