• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Waverly the Bewitched 1.1

3 Screenshots

About This File

Deep in the Marshs of this strange land lives a witch called Waverly. There are some mysteries about here you might want to lift.

This mod introduces:

-A new form of a tree that is unique in the whole world and will only be spawned in Survival Mode.

-A new character, Waverly, who is a close friend to said tree and needs to be unlocked first.

-A new system of magic which will allow you to equip different spells to a wand. Resources for that have to be found first.

-A current total of 21 different spells ranging from aggressive to simply funny.

A short "How-To":

Somewhere in the marshes (yes "somewhere", that means you have to find it first, on your one, no shortcuts) of a Don't Starve world you can find the cozy place of Waverly, the arguably most friendly witch you will meet in Don't Starve. She has a small rundown house, a few ponds with lovely frogs dancing around for her and a big tree that is just to curious about visitors. Problem is, Waverly is really shy so she won't leave her house when you're close unless you make her. Above all Waverly loves this tree that was earlier mentioned *hint hint*

Waverly:

Waverly is a subpar insane personality. She has basically no mutual interest with anyone else. Willow loves picking flowers, she hates it. Wilson really enjoys building new stuff, she hates. Woodie doesn't like to be around those old smelly petals, but Waverly feels rather good with them. And all of our firends hate all these monsters, spiders hissing in their strange ways, hounds barking like there was something to gain from it... but even though they all want to kill her, Waverly loves them... in her own way. Her love for spiders, hounds and merms grew so strong that she locked herself up in her basement for three straight days to do some "research". Today she is a proud owner of the only piece of wood that can summon creatures to her help, at a small expense of some health. And every now and then this lousy fellow Maxwell decides to put her 200 yards away from her doorstep and talk silly things... she's not impressed.

Note: Due to the fact that ALL functionality of this mod is strongly dependent on worldgeneration it is not possible to experience it on an existing save without using the Console.

Another Note: If you encounter any bug, crash or something doesn't work as expected please report in the dedicated discussion thread. thx

Visit us on the forums if you fancy that:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/28216-halloween-challenge-mod-collab-waverly-the-bewitched/

We appreciate any feedback ^^

The Mod Team

Idea and Collab Founding:

KidneyBeanBoy

Writer:

KidneyBeanBoy

Artwork:

ElAguilar

-Character Design and Atlas

Irontaco

-Weeping Willow Design, Atlas and Animation

Woscar the Impaler

-Spelltome Design and Artwork

-Weeping Willow Loot Design and Atlas

Monika Gill

-Magic Items Design and Artwork

Testing:

Craig_Perry

Coding:

Malacath

Sound:

Malacath

Big Shout-out to everyone who helped out with fixes, ideas or code:

Cheerio

Lawrence

Nycidian

Tikara the Mew

Huge Thanks to everyone who submitted spell ideas:

LibertyOfTheAether

TheOnlyOne

Lawrence

TeoSS69

DragonBoy36

Blewcheese

Cacahuatoforo

Nycidian

Biggest thanks to Klei for creating an awesome game and being so supportive towards modding

And thank You for playing ;)

What's New in Version 0.91   See changelog

Released

• -fixed the spell "Vampirism" which was plainly uncastable
  • -took inventory overflows (i.e. backpack) into account when paying researchcost for spells, which were earlier only checked to see if the player can pay the cost. Thus you could stuff all your materials in a backpack and research for free.
  • -fixed a bug that turned summoned spider warriors angry
  • -removed an item from Waverlys starting inventory
  • -fixed a bug where "Bonemeal Aura" spawned flowers on water
  • -fixed a bug where the button in the spelltome would not show you if you can research the currently viewing spell
  • -fixed a bug where the waverlymob would equip a starcallers staff before equipping her own wand
  • -hooked up the waverlymob with the sound assets of the playable character

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This could be game changing, Nice work. Are there any BIG bug problems, that could potentially corrupt any of my saves that you know of? because im newish to modding and i really don't want to lose a world with 200+ days to a silly bug.

• Like 1

This could be game changing, Nice work. Are there any BIG bug problems, that could potentially corrupt any of my saves that you know of? because im newish to modding and i really don't want to lose a world with 200+ days to a silly bug.

I know of no bugs that could corrupt your save. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to play this mod with an existing save. As the description states, world generation is necessary and thus a new save file.

• Like 1

the don't starve community need someone for mod spotlight... (direwolf21 ;D)

btw this looks one of the better mods for the halloween contest, great job ^^

I started a game with this on, and switched over to play the screecher, will my worlds still have the tree in it so i can unlock waverly? or will i have to make another world?

I started a game with this on, and switched over to play the screecher, will my worlds still have the tree in it so i can unlock waverly? or will i have to make another world?

If you start a game while having the mod enabled it will spawn. Saving that game saves the tree jsut like everything else. So as long as you don't load and save it while having the mod disabled the tree will persist.

Short answer: you don't have to create a new world.

how I unlock waverly?

It's really obvious once you get the opportunity to  ; )  And you won't get the opportunity faster if you know how.

So my only question is this. is waverly a new character i have to find in the game after i enable the mod? cause im actually a little confused with this mod i dont know much about the hidden characters.

So my only question is this. is waverly a new character i have to find in the game after i enable the mod? cause im actually a little confused with this mod i dont know much about the hidden characters.

The mod is meant to feel a bit more integrated than the usual character mod so it doesn't feel so out of place. That means you do have to find out things on your own with the help of all necessary hints in the mod description.

To answer you question: Yes, Waverly is a new character based on an old artwork of Klei. You do have to unlock her before being able to play with her.

Whenever i tried fighting waverly with wendy, the game crashed, i didn't get exactly what it said, ill try again and get the crashlog

Whenever i tried fighting waverly with wendy, the game crashed, i didn't get exactly what it said, ill try again and get the crashlog

There will be a "log.txt" in your Documents folder Klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt

Would be very much appreciated if you post it here ^^

I think it has something to do with summoning monsters, i stayed onto her the second time so she couldn't summon anything, and the crash didnt happen, 

Also, if you dont destroy her house, then once you beat her, you can go hit the house again and there will be a second waverly.

Also, if you dont destroy her house, then once you beat her, you can go hit the house again and there will be a second waverly.

I was waiting for someone to find such a glitch  xD  I already removed three occasions of her reapearing but I knew I must've forgotten something.

Thanks

Btw, the problem (crashing ) might be being caused by a mod im running, the ones active are -

More Plantables

Trick or Treating

The weeping willow (Duh)

Magic Horns

Not sure if any of those would conflict, just adding a bit of possible-cause

Also, i'd like to know = is there anyway to destroy the tree after waverly's been defeated? whenever i strike it with an axe i get electrocuted and it starts raining, 

One more thing - Whenever i used 'Waverly's familiar" i only got 1 summon out of it then it stopped working, is that supposed to happen?

Also, i'd like to know = is there anyway to destroy the tree after waverly's been defeated? whenever i strike it with an axe i get electrocuted and it starts raining, 

One more thing - Whenever i used 'Waverly's familiar" i only got 1 summon out of it then it stopped working, is that supposed to happen?

The chance for lightning should actually be 50% and you can simply pickup your axe again and keep chopping. Eventually the tree will go down.

Alternatevly (I hate that word) you can burn it down which will destroy all its loot though.

Waverlys Familiar should habe a three day cooldown. If it doesn't work again after three days I should check that.

BTW: If you ever have the crash again can you please post a log.txt here. I can't seem to reproduce it.

Alright, if i do get the crash again ill let you know, it may have something to do with the above mods, specifically trick or treating and more plantables, dunno though, try testing it with those mods

I cannot believe what i just did, i cut down the weeping willow in the middle of the night but i forgot one thing

I had a campfire on the highest setting

so every single one of the drops burned to ashes, its very tempting to debugspawn these items in, stupid mistakes >.<

Whelp, just died, nevermind that. ill probably start a world with waverly, what happens if you find the weeping willow then? or does it just not spawn after finding waverly?

I cannot believe what i just did, i cut down the weeping willow in the middle of the night but i forgot one thing

I had a campfire on the highest setting

so every single one of the drops burned to ashes, its very tempting to debugspawn these items in, stupid mistakes >.<

Whelp, just died, nevermind that. ill probably start a world with waverly, what happens if you find the weeping willow then? or does it just not spawn after finding waverly?

If you find the Weeping Willow as Waverly you'll have all the same benefits without cutting down the tree plus a house to take a nap in for every night  :D

If you find the Weeping Willow as Waverly you'll have all the same benefits without cutting down the tree plus a house to take a nap in for every night  :grin:

I'm still gonna chop the tree down though, that thing creeps me the hell out....